30 day shred

Options
Is anyone else currently completing this or about to start? I am getting ready to start, and was hoping to find a workout buddy! Also, any results you have had with this would be appreciated!

Replies

• PippiNe
    PippiNe Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    This was the first workout video I did when I started my diet last summer. Had awesome results doing this dvd and following a diet. I did not complete the workout in 30 days (more like 6 weeks at 4-5 times per week plus I did some extra walking here and there) but I lost 12 lbs in that time and went from a size 12 to a size 10 and even a few size 8s. I felt like a million bucks and it fueled my motivation to continue. I followed it with Ripped in 30 and then No More Trouble Zones. No More Trouble Zones is my favorite video of Jillian's. Best of luck to you!
  • swebb4209
    swebb4209 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much!!! Makes me feel like I can actually get somewhere! It will be my first workout this time around! I'm excited but nervous as well!
  • chunkybun
    chunkybun Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'm doing this for the 2nd time, just finished week one.

First time was in Feb. I lost 12 pounds. Since then, I did No More Trouble Zones and Ripped in 30. Only lost 2 pounds on those ones.

Hoping to get similar or better results this time.
  • irishdeepuno
    Options
    I've been wanting to try the DVD but I don't know where to get it. I don't like playing the waiting game, so Amazon and eBay is out of the picture. Is it at Wak-Mart or Target?
  • k_shooshooter
    k_shooshooter Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have the dvd...I keep saying that I need to start it up again. I tend to get a little bored with it after a while...I just need a good kick lol. I'll start it up again on Monday and you can add me if you want!
  • PippiNe
    PippiNe Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    It is available at Walmart and you can usually find it at Shopko, Kmart or Target. Cost is about $10 at any of those places.
  • jeslydru1
    jeslydru1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Free on Youtube, all levels, just search for it. :D
  • rhckes
    rhckes Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    just finished day one right now! Anyone know how many calories, to add to exercise diary? Got two stones of mindless sugar guzzling to lose!
  • swebb4209
    Options
    I'm super excited to start it today, and hopefully I'll have good results as well! I looked but didn't see it at my local walmart a. I ordered off ebay, and it only took a few days to arrive!
  • AuntieIly
    AuntieIly Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm on my 6th day of the Shred, had one rest day and 2 days of Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism for variety and to try and minimise knee damage (I am finding 30DS to be hard on the knees and I've never had problems before!)

Overall I like this workout, it's repetitive but it's short and while my muscles were screaming after Day One, now I feel great and it's all getting easier.

I'm not using weights as I don't have any, but I'm planning on using some canned food or bottles of water for weight in future to see if that increases the results.

I am adding a significant number of stretches and Pilates moves to both the warmup and cool down, as for me that's the weakest part of the routine.

I have been eating really healthily, but haven't had time for any additional cardio exercise to supplement the Shred.

I haven't lost weight or inches yet, but I'm taking progress pics and I DO think I can see a difference, my tummy looks flatter and my waist is more defined.

Here's hoping we're all successful!
  • tomatosoup3
    tomatosoup3 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 2 of Level 1. It's short but intense (at least I think so)! I wish I had weights, but since I don't, I'm using cans of tomato paste (pretty much anything else would slosh around and be annoying.) I think the workout is hardest on my arms! They burn so bad! It's great obviously :)
  • Pectinbean
    Pectinbean Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I love the shred & Jillian Michaels! Shred's easy to follow and as there's 3 levels you're less likely to get bored. I lost 2 inches from my waist doing it. I've just bought Bob Harper's Totally Ripped Core, I'm finding that harder but I'm hoping to get through it eventually.
  • christinebryant80
    christinebryant80 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Im on day 3 level 1 and wow am I feeling the burn already, I use 5 lb weights. Tried it before but didnt stick with it, this time around Im going full force with it.
  • julez4774
    julez4774 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    i be on day 3 tomorrow and loving it then will do banish fat Boost Metabolism in between days plus loads of walking im using 2kg weights plus have 5kg kettleball
  • ashleeei
    ashleeei Posts: 35
    Options
    I started 30DS last night after taking a month break from working out due to a back injury and boy I wanted to stop a few times...lol but kept on truckin...it kicked my butt and definitely gave me a good workout. I'm a little sore today when I use my muscles but nothing awful, it's more like I know I did a good workout feeling and didn't overdue it... not sure if I will do it tonight as I have a scheduled 4 mile hike over a 1000 ft. elevation so I think I'll be to tired after our hike...but might just do a strength video afterwards and skip 30DS for 1 day since I'll be doing so much cardio tonight.
  • AuntieIly
    AuntieIly Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I might have to swap to something else, as while I'm loving it, my knees certainly aren't! Can't work out whether it's the squats or the jumping, but I'm having some mild pain, and my knee feels....odd, sort of unstable. Might take a rest day or swap to something floor based for a couple of days before launching back into it. Has anyone else had this problem?

I'm being very careful of my form, pushing my weight back into my heels on squats and doing lots of stretches before and after the workout, but really quite concerned that I'll put my knee out :-/
  • michielyn
    michielyn Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I started a couple days ago, and I did day 3 today. I'm really proud of myself because I bought it a couple years ago, and some hand weights and ended up donating it all because I couldn't get through the jumping jacks (seriously, after the second set I was like "NOPE").
  • andreamaym
    andreamaym Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I start level 3 tomorrow and am seeing amazing results. I swear by this DVD - just make sure you stick to it! (:
  • swebb4209
    Options
    I HATE the jump rope part! Ergh! I finished day three today as well, & I'm also doin the c25k program, I'm on week 1:) hoping to see results in a few weeks!
  • canadianbooty
    Options
    Try Youtube for watching the video for free. Just some pesky ads. Most of her older videos are on there for free.