Slipping off the wagon a little.

Options
Friday, I was so happy I lost 3 pounds. Then over the past few days I have high calorie days and just feel discouraged in general. You ever have that problem? I know what I need to do. I'm thinking about working on a workout plan for every month, and work on my eating habits. There are days I go nuts and eat my weight in, and there are days its the opposite...I aim for high calorie burns sometimes on the high calorie days just to stay under. I feel really discouraged. I want to try and work on keeping my calories between 1400-1600 (1400 is my goal) and workout just enough where I feel comfortable without burning myself out too much. So..just need some motivation..I sure don't feel it...can always use it. :smile:

Replies

• Plumlicious
    Plumlicious Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there - just get back up again and start all over tomorrow. Forgive yourslef as yesterday is gone, but tomorrow just start anew and commit for next week. Dont beat yourself up - be proud of howevere you lost the three pounds and focus on that. God bless and you can do it!!
  • lrmwiggins
    Options
    I have a bad couple of days too. I keep catching myself wandering to the pantry. I hate it when i get this way. I exercised yesterday but have been nothing but lazy today. I keep having these internal arguements with myself about starting over tomorrow and all. I didnt do super bad today, but i did have some chocolate. It is very frustrating. I did extremely well all week but the weekend came and it has been a struggle. Just hang in there!!!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I think u need to set a time for workout its easier planned instead of saying I will work out until I feel pooped ...that way you have a goal to reach...30min,40min etc...working out based on what you "think" you can do usually ends up way less then what your capable of by pushing yourself to meet that goal of minutes or miles.....I hope that makes sense..I think u have to stop thinking of it as a diiet and more a new way of living...a diet is a burden ..a way to hopefully extend your life and make it happier is not...good luck in 2011!!...im assuming its a "diet" to you because of the care-free or "slacking" once you see you have lost weight...again I hope that makes sense...hugs..enjoy the foods you love as long as its in 1 serving and in moderation and as long as you have met the goals set for yourself.
  • garedds
    garedds Posts: 251
    Options
    Suzanne,
    I definately have those times too. I see some people have been on here as long as me (6 months) and have lost way more weight than I have. Then I think about how much I have done...I have lost 34 pounds, I have gone down in clothes size, I can go on my elliptical for 45 minutes, I can do level 3 on the 30 Day Shred. I could do none of that 6 months ago.

Don't make this a "diet", it has to be a lifestyle you can maintain and so if my weight loss is slower, so be it, because I am doing what I can do. You do what you can. Aim for a weekly deficit instead of daily. That gives you a little flucuation in your calories each day.

You can do this! You are worth it! :flowerforyou:
  • kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I definitely have that problem sometimes!! In fact I had a nice dinner planned for tonight but I added up all the calories in advance and found out that (after what I ate for breakfast and lunch) it was going to put me WAY over for the day, and to be honest I am not hungry right now so finally I decided I will just have it tomorrow instead. I have never done that before but it seems like a good idea - I might try it again. Something about seeing that huge red number there before I actually ate it was kind of a deterrent LOL. I even looked back at the week and realized I had been a little over my goal on I think 3 other days, and knowing that helped too.

I think you have great goals lined up - a very reasonable steady weight loss. Keep at it!
  • iamanne
    iamanne Posts: 67
    Options
    Over the holidays I slipped a lot and actually put some weight back on. I was feeling fat and icky. today was the day I decided to get back on track! I think we can't get too down on ourselves or we will give up. Tomorrow morning just get up and start a new fresh day. All of our days can't be perfect eating days, so its ok to just keep on going after a some no so great days. Good luck!! :smile:
  • akh426
    akh426 Posts: 7
    Options
    Just remember everyday is a new day! Try not to think because you blew it one day that you have blown your whole diet. Losing weight is one of the hardest things I have EVER done! But when I see lbs. lost, that is what keeps me going. I do allow myself to eat whatever I want on Saturdays. So I look forward to those days! One day is not going to make you gain it all back! Good Luck!:flowerforyou:
  • tsb50158
    tsb50158 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Even when you slip up you have to remember one thing, this isnt a diet, its a life change.
    You just take a little set back. Besides its better to sin a little and have that lil extra than to fall
    off the wagon completely for days.
  • akh426
    akh426 Posts: 7
    Options
    Just remember everyday is a new day! Try not to think because you blew it one day that you have blown your whole diet. Losing weight is one of the hardest things I have EVER done! But when I see lbs. lost, that is what keeps me going. I do allow myself to eat whatever I want on Saturdays. So I look forward to those days! One day is not going to make you gain it all back! Good Luck!:flowerforyou:
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your words on wisdom. That really helped. I have lost 52 pounds on my own & MFP. I feel really proud of myself for that. The goals I have are precious. I wanna jog/run a full mile without stopping, I want to be more involved with my community, go to church more often, get my GED (I have studied over 2 years for and worked HARD) and be healthy all around..work in more fruits and veggies. :happy: