Neck pain

Options
I was in the middle of doing a workout when I noticed pain in my neck. I haven't finished the workout but I've finished the video I was doing when it hurt. I've got a really sore pain at the base of my neck and I can't easily move it left and right. It's one of those horrid pains that's making me feel sick - what should I do?

Replies

• poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    See a doctor?? Chiropractor??? duhh??
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    the neck is a very serious thing. Only a medical professional can really tell you. No one here has all the needed info.

I have been dealing with a chronic neck pain due to a car accident. Posture, remember posture.
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    the neck is a very serious thing. Only a medical professional can really tell you. No one here has all the needed info.

I have been dealing with a chronic neck pain due to a car accident. Posture, remember posture.

Listen to this advice. Its most probably nothing but you need to get it checked out to make sure
  • sophiegrace543
    sophiegrace543 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    But I'm not sure what the best thing to do at the moment is.
    I live in a very small town and the next time I would be able to see a doctor would be Monday morning....

I was doing reverse role-overs (pilates move) and I felt a kind of clicking/crunch and now it's really stiff, almost similar to the intense pain when you sleep on it funny.
  • leesehm
    leesehm Posts: 117
    Options
    Only thing you can really do at the moment is heat or ice. Do you have any pain/pins&needles/numbness down your arms?
  • sophiegrace543
    Options
    No I don't - it's quite hard to tell because it's making me feel quite sick all around and numb around my shoulders. Plus I'm quite freaked out, which doesn't help.

My mum is coming home asap though, I was worried about being home alone like this
  • leesehm
    leesehm Posts: 117
    Options
    Do you have any health care numbers you can ring in your country?
    In NZ we have a number you can call and speak to a nurse and they recommend whether you can wait, or whether you need to see a doctor or go to Emergency Department.
    Numbness is not always ideal, but depends if it just feels weird or literally you cannot feel anything in that area.
    Try not to panic - always makes pain worse.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Do you have any health care numbers you can ring in your country?
    In NZ we have a number you can call and speak to a nurse and they recommend whether you can wait, or whether you need to see a doctor or go to Emergency Department.
    Numbness is not always ideal, but depends if it just feels weird or literally you cannot feel anything in that area.
    Try not to panic - always makes pain worse.
    Call NHS 24. They will advise if you should go to casualty.
  • sophiegrace543
    Options
    Great, I'll do that, thank you very much!
  • joanneveee
    joanneveee Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Aleve... and cool compress. Rest and if it still sore tomorrow see a Dr. Some pain is good to work though but not your spine. Hope you feel better soon.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Let us know how you get on.