What are some ways to get over leg pain ?

Options
I need to rest my legs and I took a entire day resting them and I'm in more pain and couldn't even get through my cardio !! How long do I need to rest them or what should I be doing differently to help them recover ? I don't want to sit around for 2 days and loose my gym streak !!! My hubby said I will start loosing muscle if I keep working my legs out while their in pain ?

Replies

• mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Sore or actual pain as in injured?
    If it's just sore, Epsom Salts bath, works miracles :flowerforyou:
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    If you are sore, stretch. Get hubby to massage your muscles, and take an Epsom salts bath. Do very easy cardio to get the blood moving through your muscles to aid in removing the lactic acid.
  • rieann84
    rieann84 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Stretching and light cardio does wonders. I HEAR bananas are good (or just potassium in general). I have a foam roller and it hurts but feels nice, you might be interested in looking into one for your sore muscles.
  • sunnyskys2013
    sunnyskys2013 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    rub peppermint oil on your legs, it burns (not really burns just a strange feeling) some but it help so much. If you feel like its to strong mix it with a carrier oil like olive or coconut oil.

http://www.organicfacts.net/organic-oils/natural-essential-oils/health-benefits-of-peppermint-oil.html
  • rebeccawesterfield5
    rebeccawesterfield5 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    rub peppermint oil on your legs, it burns (not really burns just a strange feeling) some but it help so much. If you feel like its to strong mix it with a carrier oil like olive or coconut oil.

Love this idea! I usually do an Epsom soak with peppermint oil added to the bath water, does wonders for sore, achy muscles!
  • Lparault
    Lparault Posts: 100
    Options
    My ex son in law is a trainer. He told me NOT to work out everyday. Your muscles need to rest a day in between work outs...not doing so is detrimental to your progress. Try doing a heavy work out one day and just a good swim or a quick power walk the next. Alternating your caloric burn also keeps your body guessing and helps prevent extended plateaus.

Good luck!
  • welborn1006
    Options
    Soreness !! Sorry I'm new to this so I can be a little dramatic ...lol
  • welborn1006
    Options
    Thanks will try the peppermint oil and Epsom
    Salt !!! Thanks again
  • welborn1006
    Options
    Thanks for the info about taking breaks to keep my body guessing makes sense !!! Y'all rock !!! I'm going to buy the oil stuff today and get back in the gym tomorrow