peanut butter lover

Options
chrissythepoet
chrissythepoet Posts: 19 Member
Anyone know any calorie safe desserts or even main dishes using peanut butter that is low in calories?

Has anyone had a reduced calorie peanut butter that is good?

Is there a low fat way to make a knock of reeses peanut butter cup.

thanks
Chrissy

Replies

• QuiznatoddBidness
    QuiznatoddBidness Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    discover PB2 if you haven't already --- recommend you at least give it a try. Good luck!!
  • elfram2
    elfram2 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    my wife loves pb2. they also have a chocolate version. The reason I don't eat a lot of nuts is the fat, not the calories.
  • aliu00
    aliu00 Posts: 61
    Options
  • Lilenatalem
    Lilenatalem Posts: 46 Member
    Options

this sounds amazing!
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I had not eaten pb much since on mfp, and missed it. However, I couldn't find a good, healthy way to incorporate it except on apples. Someone mentioned they added it to their oatmeal. I tried it. Oatmeal is not one of my favorite things (even flavored), but I love it with 1 tablespoon of peanut butter melted in. It also gives me a good pb fix!
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I'm going to make some chocolate crepes with peanut butter in the inside topped with calorie free chocolate sauce later today. Will post results later. Wish me luck. lol
  • skinnyginny792
    skinnyginny792 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    HI! I am not a chocoholic, but the SKinny Cow candy bar that is a piece of chocolate filled with peanut butter is only 130 calories. I eat that for my after dinner snack if I feel the need.!
    It satisfies both the chocolate and peanut butter cravings! Eat it after your regular dinner though as you don't want to eat it when you are hungry.
  • skinnyginny792
    Options
    Look at you! 99 pounds lost! Good job! Wow!
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    The pb2 does not replace peanut butter. just not the same.
  • skinnyginny792
    Options
    Did you suffer horribly??? LOL! I've lost 21 pounds and haven't suffered because...well, i quit my job (i had the ability to do that presently) and don't eat after seven. I stick to the 1200 calorie diet that lets me lose one pound a week. I may not lose one a week but I started in Feb. and feel that this is indicative of a succesful "diet plan". I've tried visalus (sunk 1200 bucks into that), Advocare (500 bucks?),and the 17day diet (which isn't 17days...that's not what it should be called...I don't like having my diet controlled that way although some of the recipies are good)
    Now i use this in combination with drinking Dr. Oz's green drink for breakfast twice of week, taking carcinia cambogia, and using this fitness ap.
    What i've discovered, is that I don't want to get down to 115 (my original weight before I slowly creeped up (from working in retail and having a troubled marriage)...which God took care of both of those situations...
    My goal is 125 now and I think that will be fine for me. good luck!
  • Dragonborn79
    Dragonborn79 Posts: 161
    Options

The best way I found to make PB more "friendly" is to make it myself. I grind roasted peanuts in my blender (ninja). It only takes a few minutes.

This method does not cut calories but it does cut out the added sugars, chemicals, and oils, typically PB is around 190 per serving, mine clocks in at 160 cals. Not much saving, but like I said, no added sugars or sodiums :)

This is full of win.

But if you don't have a way to make it yourself, there might be a health food store in your vicinity with self-serve peanut grinding machines. In my area, there is a local place called Nature's Pantry and across town there is Whole Foods. At either place, I can bring my own container and grind it myself. We go through it before it ever gets a chance to separate. And it's SO good when it's fresh and warm. They also sell other nut butters the same way. Fresh, warm almond butter will probably make you cry.

A lot of people love PB2, but I didn't dig it personally, especially since it has added sugar and salt.