What music do you listen to when your on a treadmill or othe

Options
jennyfair24
jennyfair24 Posts: 273 Member
I'm always looking for new music that gets me moving so what gets you pumped, especially when you're stuck on a treadmill, elliptical or similar machine? ....this weeks music of choice for me is Breaking Benjamin, Three Days Grace, Stone Sour, Ke$ha and Sick Puppies :smile:

Replies

• MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Im a dork I stick to 80's and german Rock if I think I'm feeling powerful like Rammstein
  • k2d4p
    k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I am a weirdo that listens to audio books when I work out.:huh: It helps me to get distracted and workouts go by faster. (But, I LOVE to read and I know most people prefer the music route when working out) I am currently listening to the Order of the Phoenix making my way through the whole series for about the 10th time. :happy:
  • mmcgille
    mmcgille Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I found that my favorites have been "Hey Ya", "Here We Go Again", "Tonight's Gonna Be a Good Night", "Single Ladies" and anything upbeat from Counting Crows or Dave Matthews Band. I've got to figure out what the bpm for these are - fits the elliptical perfectly!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Just posted this on another music thread, lol. This is my current list...

Three Days Grace- Riot
    Sick Puppies- You’re Going Down
    Bullet For My Valentine- Pretty On The Outside Avenged Sevenfold- Nightmare
    Five Finger Death Punch- Bad Company
    Rise Against- Making Christmas (off the Nightmare Revisited CD)
    Disturbed- Another Way To Die
    Metallica- One
    Paramore- That’s What You Get
    Shiny Toy Guns- Major Tom
    Gary Jules- Mad World
    The Smiths- This Is Now
    All That Remains- The Air That I Breathe
    In Flames- Come Clarity
    Killswitch Engage- When Darkness Falls
    Seether- Rise Above This
    Theory Of A Deadman- Not Meant To Be
    Linkin Park- What I’ve Done
    Breaking Benjamin- So Cold
    Saosin- You're Not Alone
    10 Years- Shoot It Out
    Mumford And Sons- Little Lion Man
    Muse- Supermassive Black Hole
    Demon Hunter- Storm The Gates Of Hell
    As I Lay Dying- The Darkest Nights
    12 Stones- Lifeless
    Staind- Everything Changes
    Paramore- That's What You Get
    Flyleaf- In The Dark
    Fireflight- You Gave Me A Promise
    Skillet- Monster
    My Darkest Days- P*rn Star Dancing (I think that word may be edited if I leave it the way it should be)
    Stone Sour- Say You'll Haunt Me
    Alterbridge- Isolation
    Shinedown- Sound Of Madness
  • sessaleigh
    Options
    Some of my favs.....

Independent, Webbie
    Stray Cat Strut, Stray Cats
    Baby Got Back, Sir Mix-A-Lot
    Cecilia, Simon & Garfunkel
    Oh Carolina, Shaggy
    Swing, Savage
    Pon De Replay, Rihanna
    I Like to Move It, Reel 2 Reel
    I’m a Star, Qyeendom
    Uprising, Muse
    Flower, Moby
    Shut Me Up, Mindless Self Indulgence
    Bang Bang Bang, Mark Ronson
    Paper Planes, MIA
    Cannibal, Ke$ha
    Wavin’ Flag, K’naan
    Calabria 2007, Enur
    Bonfire, Enur
    Harder Better Faster Stronger, Daft Punk
  • PhilBlock
    PhilBlock Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I try to avoid the treadmill at all costs lol..I'd rather do insanity than the treadmill :-o
  • Sarean
    Sarean Posts: 77
    Options
    I'm still getting my playlist together, but Pandora also offers a preset work out music station. You can stream it on your smart phone.
  • jennyfair24
    Options
    I saw that and commented on it lol
  • caseynjason
    caseynjason Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I just put a new one on mine that really gets me moving...Firework by Katy Perry...awesome!
  • ILUVHORSES
    Options
    I like hip hop, rap or something like that, it keeps me moving and has a good beat to it....:)
  • janna674
    janna674 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    i used to watch tv until i got my kindle...you can blow up the print so you are not struggling to read ...now i read and boy before i know it a half hour is up and i dont want to stop because my book is sooo good! Also the kindle has exercise routines on it!
  • yoliv
    yoliv Posts: 2
    Options
    Almost all of the songs from Beyonce's B'Day album are great to run to! Especially Upgrade U and Suga Mama, makes you want to dance as you run!
  • nmpresto
    nmpresto Posts: 157
    Options
    I am a weirdo that listens to audio books when I work out.:huh: It helps me to get distracted and workouts go by faster. (But, I LOVE to read and I know most people prefer the music route when working out) I am currently listening to the Order of the Phoenix making my way through the whole series for about the 10th time. :happy:

That is a GREAT idea, I love to read but have tried doing it while working out and it just doesn't work! But listening to it would work!
  • jennyfair24
    Options

I don't think thats weird at all! I love to read but I'e never tried audio books. I'll have to look into that :smile:
  • ctchicky
    Options
    I like alot of different music but I find the more upbeat Rob Thomas music and Beatles stuff keep me going. Can't forget
    "Geremia (sp) was a Bullfrog" and "Lime in the Coconut". I find myself singing a little louder than I should when jogging on the treadmill at the gym LMAO.
  • Triguy83
    Triguy83 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    while on my cycleOps indoor trainer for those rainy days warm up for 10-15 min with a mix of Pink Floyd, Queen, Led Zeppelin, the Doors, Dio and more classics. Then when its time to gitty up on the big ring its pretty much Slayer, Arsis, Iron Maiden, anything fast that i can keep a nice cadence or pedal stroke to.

Don't listen to anything while running I actually use a tempo/ beat count that I incorporate with my breathing and my stride IE 3/3 measure then if I want to pick up the pace i go to 4/4 tempo and so on just as if I am writing music or playing my guitars.

Weights: ranges from Hardcore, Death Metal, thrash, grind, Jazz, Classic rock, Blues, depends what type of mood I am in.
  • Ashlea_M
    Ashlea_M Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I just put a new one on mine that really gets me moving...Firework by Katy Perry...awesome!
    \

me too! :)
  • ThoughtsOfBelle
    ThoughtsOfBelle Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I love the Ministry of Sound Running Trax CDs, and re-mixed tracks (like Girl Talk, or DJ Earworm). I'm also a sucker for a bit of Britney ;)
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options

You're not alone. I've tried music but do so much better when I can lose myself in a book. I admit I'm a book-a-holic.Have you listened to Suzanne Collin's series that starts with "Mocking Jay" or Diana Gabaldon's "Outlander" series. They are a few of my favorites.

For anyone that's interested, you can get free audiobooks on CD from the library. You can purchase books in MP3 format from www.audible.com
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Today I listened to Queen's Greatest Hits while on the treadmill. The first song is "We will rock you" which I found an inspiring way to get started on my run