0lb to go!!!

Options
OPile
OPile Posts: 104 Member
My ticker says 0lb to go. How exciting. But I'm still not totally happy, my calves are still frustratingly fat. So as soon as I've posted this I'm going to drop my goal by another 6 lbs and see what that does for me.

I know 35 pounds is a small loss compared to many here, but it's what I set out to do and I did it!

Here's a screenshot of my ticker before I change it.
B4D1EBE1-E129-4D66-9110-E2AB7ECAB444.png

And a sort of before and after, I have some more obvious before and after photos, but they involve me in my underwear and no one should be subjected to that. So this shows me on the horse that I've lost the weight for. He's only little and I felt like I was squashing him.
E7776B11-6870-4FCA-93C8-5E06EC4A6E05.jpg

Replies

• ianthy
    ianthy Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Well done - you look great in your gear. Are you doing any exercise that might tone your calves?
  • OPile
    Options
    Thanks :-) I cycle about 20 miles a day and that is helping, but there is no denying that there is a big squidgy handful of fat on them.
  • MrsATrotta
    MrsATrotta Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Nice job!!
  • OPile
    Options
  • tryanother
    tryanother Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You look great. LOL on the squashing.... My 4 year old told me last night that I can't bathe with him anymore, because I was squashing him in the bath... Nice one!
  • lenac87
    lenac87 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    You look great! Awesome job! :)
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You are doing great! Do you lift at all? Or even body weight strength training. That might help some...at least it will help you to keep the muscle you have while burning fat. :)
  • kershaann
    kershaann Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    You look good awesome job!
  • stephe1987
    stephe1987 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Good job on the weight loss!

I wonder if legs that look "too big" (other than the genetic factor that can't be helped; some women are pear-shaped and are going to have bigger thighs) come from overexercising certain muscles. I know you can't spot reduce but once the body fat comes off the muscles are more visible. A lot of people try to get their legs to be smaller by exercising them more but maybe the opposite is needed? Maybe exercise the surrounding muscles and do only minimal exercise on calves so the muscles don't get too big? Something to look into. I could be wrong. My body fat percentage is still too high for experimenting but that would be something to look into once I reach my goal.
  • Senixv
    Senixv Posts: 4
    Options
    Hey, losing 35lbs is a wonderful achievement! Every loss here, even if it's regarded as a small one compared to some of the succes stories here, is still a big thing to do! Well done!
  • heatheremde
    heatheremde Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You look great. LOL on the squashing.... My 4 year old told me last night that I can't bathe with him anymore, because I was squashing him in the bath... Nice one!

You made spit out my coffee hahahaha I could totally see my daughter saying that.
  • heatheremde
    heatheremde Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    While you were not large to begin with, you look great now and your posture looks improved; or maybe that is your confidence or both?
  • Anniebotnen
    Anniebotnen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Great job! Both you and your horse look wonderful in both pictures! Are you sure your calves are fat, and not just muscular?
  • branbuds
    branbuds Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success! You look smaller in the second photo :smile:
  • loriemn
    loriemn Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    you look awesome!!! and that horse of yours is very nice!
  • OPile
    Options
    Thanks all. I think my horse prefers having a lighter rider!! I do think it's unfair that the remaining fat is on my calves. I mean who stores fat on their calves?!

I've been cycling lots which is certainly tightening the muscles but that seems to make the fat look even squishier! Oh well, I'm sure it'll go eventually.
  • PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Way to go!!
  • Lilenatalem
    Lilenatalem Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    35 lbs is amazing! Don't sell yourself short hon!
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,367 Member
    Options
    35 lbs is a fantastic result and you look great!!!
  • RekindledRose
    RekindledRose Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Your legs look great! You look svelte!

Congratulations - fantastic job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!