FitBit One

Options
Acquired FitBit one this week and have synced it with MFP but nothing showing on FitBit. Do I need to export my data from here or is it automatic? Normally good at this kind if stuff but am stumped at the moment. :smile:

Replies

• RLMsFitnessPal
    RLMsFitnessPal Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have a FitBit One also. It should sync automatically to the FitBit dashboard about every 15 minutes. In order to sync, your wireless dongle has to be plugged in to the computer. You have to be in a 20-foot range of your computer. You can also force sync using Fitbit Connect. I set a shortcut on my desktop to make it easier to get to. Once FitBit syncs to the Dashboard, the Fitbit site will automatically sync to MFP. Keep in mind, Fitbit only sends summary information to MFP for making adjustments. You won't see much of the details there. You can look under the Exercise tab to see if the Fitbit adjustment is showing there. MFP will also send summary data to Fitbit Dashboard regarding what you log in your Food tab. It does work seamlessly most of the time. I've had to tweak it now and then, but it's quite a nice set up.

Certain Android phones are also capable of syncing via Bluetooth. I don't have a compatible phone, myself. The wireless dongle is the only option if you don't have a compatible phone.