Exercise at home

Options
Hi all over the last few years i have dropped from a size 22 to a 12 I want to loose another 10lbs to reach my target weight at the moment I'm unable to afford to continue with my gym membership due to finance. I have brought a fitbit one and am on my 2nd day using that trying to achieve at least 10.000 steps a day and doing ok.

My question is what forms of home exercise can anyone suggest for me. I do have a wii with zumba and just dance and also wii fit and wii fit plus. I struggle with these though as I have less than no co-ordination and end up giving up.

Any advise very much appreciated

Replies

• christinebryant80
    christinebryant80 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hello and congrates on the weight loss. Theres lots of at home workouts you could do, I just started the 30 day shred two days ago and already I feel the burn. Theres also tae bo, piloxing, ripped in 30, so many more. Just youtube any of these and you'll come across alot more. Just have fun with it and you'll find something you luv doing.
  • kingswaychi
    kingswaychi Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thank you I did try 30 day shred a while back, might dig that out and have another go. Thanks for your suggestions.
  • claramce
    claramce Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I love doing aerobic exercise videos( there a literally hundreds on youtube) because they are super easy coordination wise and an awesome workout. Also love anything Jillian Michaels she kills me but I love her. I have also been doing Blogilates(its like pilates, but better, just type it into google) at home recently too and I am loving it. Congratulations on the amazing weight loss so far and hope that helps :)
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I've done most of my exercising at home! :) Jillian Michaels' DVDs are my favourite. Particularly: Kickbox Fast Fix, Extreme Shed and Shred, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, Killer Buns and Thighs, Ripped in 30, and 30 Day Shred. You can find loads on YouTube!
  • MildredBarhopper
    MildredBarhopper Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I get my cardio from youtube videos, such as Jillian Michaels and also the Fitnessblender channel. For strength, I recently finished the book "Body by You" and now I'm doing a program from a website called ashotofadrenaline.com. All body weight workouts :). Hope this helps!
  • EvelineUK
    EvelineUK Posts: 97
    Options
    If coordination is a problem, try Walk At Home with Leslie Sansone. You can find her on Youtube, but she also has tons of DVDs.
    She's rather chatty, which some people find annoying, but I like how she starts her work outs saying it doesn't matter if you go left when she goes right or vice versa. It's more important that you do the exercise than it is to be completly in sink.

Not sure what your level of fitness is, but here is the 3 mile workout on Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRScb2l4Z4g
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    If finances are an issue, look into body weight programs like You Are Your Own Gym or Convict Conditioning. Free strength training right at your fingertips.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the weight loss. If I exercise at home (I usually go to a gym), I use Fitness Blender. Their free, but I sent them $10 just to feel better about myself. They have great workouts of all kinds. The other day I was up early and I did Toned and Tight for 35 minutes, burned about 300 calories. It didn't use anything except a mat. and I had to take a shower when I was done.
  • VinEnzo
    VinEnzo Posts: 11
    Options
    If finances are an issue, look into body weight programs like You Are Your Own Gym or Convict Conditioning. Free strength training right at your fingertips.
    I second this - You Are Your Own Gym.
  • kingswaychi
    kingswaychi Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much for all the helpful replies I will look into each and everyone of your suggestions, advise very much appreciated.
  • alikonda
    alikonda Posts: 2,358 Member
    Options
    There are tons of ways to work out at home (for free!)

I second checking out Fitness Blender - they're awesome! If you're interested in trying yoga, doyogawithme.com has a bunch of free, full-length videos, too. Be sure to check out YouTube -- BeFit and PopSugar channels each have a variety of workouts available.

If you need something that doesn't require streaming content try:
    http://neilarey.com/
    http://fitvillains.tumblr.com/
    http://toneitup.com/fitness/

Enjoy!