Substitute for Eggs...need advice!!

Options
Hey all!! I have recently decided to quit eating eggs, despite of their protein value. Not going to go into detail why, but i'll just say it was extremely gross and I can't bring myself to eat them anymore!! So I am wondering what foods I can substitute for the eggs so that I can still get the protein I need? Any advice helps!! Thanks!!

Replies

• NatalieBrooke88
    NatalieBrooke88 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    A protein shake. I like Jillian Michael chocolate protein powder. 100 calories per scoop.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Are you truly cutting out eggs everywhere? Including baked goods?
    Check out www.vegweb.com for some great recipes that are both vegetarian and vegan. It'll tell you about some substitutes you can use in baking and cooking. Now if you're just looking for a replacement for things like omlets and scrambled eggs...there isn't one. Wishing you the best of luck. :flowerforyou:
  • camapear
    Options
    I agree about the Jillian Michael's Chocolate Protein Powder it is a very tasty way to get some great protein.
  • iamdesiderata
    iamdesiderata Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    to get your protein, go for the lean meats and nuts.
    in baking, replace eggs with banana's, tofu, apple sauce or sometimes water + vinegar can work.
  • angelsandwolves09
    angelsandwolves09 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    TheMaidOfAstolat~ I am TRYING to cut it out of everything, but my fiance does most of the cooking and he LOVES eggs....so I told him as long as I didn't know they were in there, I wouldn't worry about it.

As for the protein shake, is it a pre-made mix that you just make(and can buy in stores), or is it something made fresh(you mix ingredients yourself)?

I would love to make protein shakes myself....I have been using the Boost energy drinks, which have a decent amount of protein.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    TheMaidOfAstolat~ I am TRYING to cut it out of everything, but my fiance does most of the cooking and he LOVES eggs....so I told him as long as I didn't know they were in there, I wouldn't worry about it.

As for the protein shake, is it a pre-made mix that you just make(and can buy in stores), or is it something made fresh(you mix ingredients yourself)?

I would love to make protein shakes myself....I have been using the Boost energy drinks, which have a decent amount of protein.

Start looking for good substitutes then. I was a vegan for 5 years....no animal byproducts at all (I now include dairy, eggs, and honey). Try vegweb and the PETA site (yeah...some people get upset when I bring up PETA but they have great lists for companies that provide are cruelty free...which means no byproducts including eggs.
  • angelsandwolves09
    Options
    Thanks! I will have to check them out!
  • NatalieBrooke88
    NatalieBrooke88 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    All you do is put of scoop of the mix in a glass of water (or almond milk) and stir. Simplest thing in the world (and quite filling). So, no, you don't actually have to make the mix yourself. It can be found in the health section of walmart, kroger, etc.
  • angelsandwolves09
    Options
    All you do is put of scoop of the mix in a glass of water (or almond milk) and stir. Simplest thing in the world (and quite filling). So, no, you don't actually have to make the mix yourself. It can be found in the health section of walmart, kroger, etc.

Awesome! That sounds great!! Thanks guys for the feedback!!