P90X or Insanity?

Options
So finally my husband decided to get in this boat with me! I think he realized I am in for good and for life. He used to workout a lot when he was a Marine but gained 50 lbs in 5 years since he got out after serving for 10 years, He is somehow familiar with worlout routines.
So withch one should we get: Insanity or P90X?? and why? I am leaning towards insanity only b/c I love Shaun (lol!) and there is not need to buy extra equipment.
Thank you all so much!!

Replies

• sarina87
    sarina87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Check your library, you might be able to get them both for free, thats what i did. I am currently on P90X right now and i really love it. With Insanity i really don't think i'm ready for it yet, but if your up for it, go for it. Lots of people on this site have had results from it.
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Really depends on what you're looking for. Insanity is almost pure cardio/plyometrics with some pushups thrown in. P90X has the weight training with some yoga, plyometrics & Kenpo. Both great programs,
  • jenneyd
    jenneyd Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Check your library, you might be able to get them both for free, thats what i did. I am currently on P90X right now and i really love it. With Insanity i really don't think i'm ready for it yet, but if your up for it, go for it. Lots of people on this site have had results from it.

oh great idea! ty for posting! I had not thought about that!
  • xyz6789
    xyz6789 Posts: 43
    Options
    I've done P90X and I'm currently in the process of a P90X/Insanity/weight lifting hybrid. Both are excellent choices, it'll just depend on what you prefer...more cardio (Insanity) or more weights (P90X). If your husband is an ex Marine he may respond better to P90X. Just do your homework and stay with it....good luck :smile:
  • xyz6789
    Options

Also check online at Nextag or Overstock. They'll be much cheaper then paying full price...that is if you can't find them at the library. I actually downloaded mine onto my laptop so there's no excuses for me not working out because I can move it anywhere.
  • juliana1977
    juliana1977 Posts: 153 Member
    Options

Also check online at Nextag or Overstock. They'll be much cheaper then paying full price...that is if you can't find them at the library. I actually downloaded mine onto my laptop so there's no excuses for me not working out because I can move it anywhere.

Thank you, thank you thank you!! I will check everything!!
    I guess he may like P90X better b/c the weight lifting, but I prefer Insanity! lol!
  • larrymoss
    Options
    Did P90X today for 45 minutes. I thought Yoga was suppose to be relaxing? :) Happy people should not be aerobics instructors. Must say, during the work out I was having very evil thoughts towards the guy on my TV. But on a positive note, when I completed my session I had burned 686 calories (and needed a nap). Which we all know adds to our daily intake total, yeah!!! But I couldn't eat that much more today. Got too full at dinner and still had 635 calories left. Yeah me!!!
  • HealthyMama3
    Options
    OMG you burned how many calories? I see that commercial all the time on tv, but it really does look like insanity.
  • xyz6789
    Options
    I don't have the patience or time for 90 minutes of yoga...on Yoga X days I switch to weights. Strictly chest routine. I really recommend mute too once you get used to the P90X routine. I throw on some loud music and go to work. I don't need to hear "Pam the Blam" from Tony Horton ever again!!! LOL

I'm in week 3 of Insanity, and although its a great cardio workout I'm not so sure I'll do a round 2 of Insanity.
  • samb
    samb Posts: 464 Member
    Options

Where did you download Insanity at? I have been trying to find it, but I can't seem to...
  • tiger87lilly
    tiger87lilly Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    You can't go wrong with either of them but if he hasn't worked out in a while Insanity may be too much for him to handle right off the bat. Good luck
  • xyz6789
    Options
    Where did you download Insanity at? I have been trying to find it, but I can't seem to...
    [/quote]

Try torrent websites....like piratebay.com. Just watch for viruses. If your not familiar with downloading movies/files from torrent sites make sure you research it first. Once you get familiar with them its very easy.