Low fat, low carb, high protein diet

Options
I've done a lot of research and I cannot find anything on this type of diet. I've been doing it for about a 1.5 weeks and I've lost 10 lbs. Of coarse I do at least an hour on the elliptical a day.
Like yesterday:

Breakfast- Egg whites
Lunch-Salad
(Hour of elliptical)
Snack- protein shake and egg whites
Dinner- Grilled chicken and broccoli

No simple carbs or sugar- bread, rice, pasta

Replies

• tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    I've done a lot of research and I cannot find anything on this type of diet. I've been doing it for about a 1.5 weeks and I've lost 10 lbs. Of coarse I do at least an hour on the elliptical a day.
    Like yesterday:

Breakfast- Egg whites
    Lunch-Salad
    (Hour of elliptical)

Any reason for the low fat aspect of the diet - it is an essential macro nutrient.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    If you'd eaten a normal balanced diet at a calorie deficit you would have lost similar amounts so not sure why you're restricting yourself. Initially your loss as with any reduction in calories will be down to a large part to water weight. Congratulations though on your loss if though you'd like something a little less restrictive I suggest following the link. Good luck

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1175494-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants?hl=guide+to+sexypants&page=1#posts-18361594
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Like yesterday:

Breakfast- Egg whites
    Lunch-Salad
    (Hour of elliptical)

How do you maintain this???

I like high fat, moderate protein, low carb way of eating. Very satisfying
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Like yesterday:

Breakfast- Egg whites
    Lunch-Salad
    (Hour of elliptical)

Any reason for the low fat aspect of the diet - it is an essential macro nutrient.

Yes, fat is one of the most important macro-nutrient for hormone production, etc
  • aeb09
    aeb09 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Fat is also necessary for absorbing other vitamins and nutrients. Fat does not make you fat. :)
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    1) Why the restrictions? You can lose just as well on a nice balanced diet where you don't have to cut out all the good stuff. Now, if there is a medical reason, okay. That makes sense. But otherwise it is a silly move.

2) That doesn't look like it can be anywhere NEAR enough calories unless you are eating a lot of those foods each time.
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Why? Unless you've had WLS or another medical issue I don't see the reason...