Breakfast protien Ideas

Options
I am up early and usually have a Quest bar for breakfast once I get to work.. I can't eat until I have been up for a few hours. Quest is high protein/fiber and it's easy. Am getting a little burnt out on them.. Anyone have any easy breakfast ideas that are high protein and convenient? I have tried protein shakes but the protein powders I have tried give me a bad stomach so would like to not try any more of those,
Thank you

Replies

• warrio1010
    warrio1010 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Eggs seem the obvious choice. Or you could break out of conformism and have a chicken salad, maybe some fish.
  • Anniebotnen
    Anniebotnen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    How about some hard boiled eggs and a piece of fruit?
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I mix cottage cheese and fruit - high protein, portable, easy. Prepare it the night before and take it to work with you in the morning.
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    I know you said no protein powders because they bother your stomach...some of the less expensive ones have a lot of filler that cause stomach issues. Try Optimum Nutrition brands or Gaspari and put some in your non fat plain greek yogurt. YUMMY
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast when I first geet up. But, you might try having just a glass of milk or a piece of fruit. Or a tigyrt, /qyest bars have a lot of caloris in them and you're probably better off with real food. Yeah, you're probably boing to get burned out on them too. ;-) Peanut or almond butter on toast?

I tend to eat my protein bars right after I do a workout for ab immediate protein boost to repair my muscles.
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I get a lot of my recipes from this guy.... http://www.muscleandstrength.com/forum/threads/72242-Cellucor-Core-Whey-Protein-(Cinnamon-Swirl-and-Peanut-Butter-Marshmallow)/page3

I made protein pancakes several times before, protein oats, and cinnamon protein crepes. All came out good. I"m planning to try making some chocolate crepes with peanut butter later today (need to buy some peanut butter).
  • Suzibluski
    Suzibluski Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    All good ideas Thanks
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    How about drinking milk?

I've had issues with protein powders, but I'm absolutely fine with drinking milk.

Skimmed milk is near 50/50 protein and carbs.
  • Guitarjon
    Guitarjon Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Has powder in but I usually make some oat meal with 1% milk and powder. Plenty of good carbs, protein and not much fat.