Getting Sick, Giving Up, Need Motivation.

I hate the way i look! I hate it so much! I hate the way society shuns the fat and praises the tall and thin!
I've tried so hard to loose weight, but nothing. I took pictures today as I do regularly thinking maybe i would be looking better. But...NOPE! Still look fat, flabby and disgusting.

I'm always hungry, on the move and although i dot log my exercising regularly I do exercise!
I've given up logging just because I'm constantly hungry and I don't know i'm giving up.

Doctors say eat less and exercise more.

Should i just accept the way I am and start eating like a pig?

I need some serious motivation right now.

Replies

• sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    If I were you I would raise my food goal from 1300 if you're feeling hungry all the time. It likely isn't enough. Likewise, protein protein protein.

Look up In Place of a Roadmap and go from there. In doing that I raised myself from 1200 to just over 1600 and can eat to fullness happily.

Never give up, stay strong. You got this. c:
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Yes the exercise is good and will improve your mood. Keep up the tracker. This is a journey. Be patient with yourself.
  • bill4316
    bill4316 Posts: 6
    don't give up....I am just starting on here and feel a lot like you do every time I look at the gut I have developed. I exercise and eat well (I think) but nothing seems to be moving. I like the look of the tracking that is offered here so I am going to give it a try
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Society, other people, are going to do what they do. You have to decide what you're going to do. If you want something bad enough, then you'll work for it. It's that simple.
  • Swilla_Swole
    Swilla_Swole Posts: 333 Member
    i'm giving up

Thats your problem right there. Being healthy isnt something you start or stop. It is perpetual. It is a lifestyle. You have to live healthy to see the results. You have to be patient and above all, learn to love yourself. You are more than your flesh. Now get your head out of the dumps, if you want to quit something, quit feeling sorry for yourself!!!!
  • salinadow
    salinadow Posts: 1
    Sometimes you dont feel well when you start changing your eating and burning fat cause the fat has the body's toxic waste products and then you will feel fatigue and sore and hungry when the fat is released in your body ,it will improve try adding a protein and a cleansing tea to get rid of the toxins. Get a Keto sticks at the pharmacy to monitor your fat burn and just by looking at the color you can tell your burning your fat for energy. You will keep motivated and also know when you have eaten something that stops the fat burning. Don t give up thats when the goal is at hand. Pray for help every morning for help.
  • diaowl
    diaowl Posts: 33
    Please realise that the reason you are "fat" is because of the many advertisements on the so called "food" everywhere you go. Fast foods and junk foods are found everywhere. They're just empty calories that happen to "taste good" because of the enormous amounts of salt, sugar and other flavors. Why is that? Because money. That's they're plan to lure you to buy their c-r-a-p. Being fat is /not/ natural. Neither is being too thin. You've gotta aim for a healthy weight that suits you. If you're hungry, eat more veggies and lean meats. I don't know about you, but whenever I feel hungry, I usually get a big carrot to munch on.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Society, other people, are going to do what they do. You have to decide what you're going to do. If you want something bad enough, then you'll work for it. It's that simple.

Exactly. When you are truly ready, you will do it.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Please realise that the reason you are "fat" is because of the many advertisements on the so called "food" everywhere you go. Fast foods and junk foods are found everywhere. They're just empty calories that happen to "taste good" because of the enormous amounts of salt, sugar and other flavors. Why is that? Because money. That's they're plan to lure you to buy their c-r-a-p. Being fat is /not/ natural. Neither is being too thin. You've gotta aim for a healthy weight that suits you. If you're hungry, eat more veggies and lean meats. I don't know about you, but whenever I feel hungry, I usually get a big carrot to munch on.

While you may believe this, until we take personal responsibility for our health, nothing will change. Assigning blame to "others" or advertisements is just passing the buck again. Step up and make choices for your health. The only person responsible for me gaining weight is ME. The only person responsible for losing the weight and getting healthy is ME.

Eat at a healthy calorie deficit. Learn to eat the foods you enjoy in moderation. Deprivation or only eating raw vegetables will get old very quickly. Once you can eat in your deficit, start meeting your macros (protein, fats, carbs). Once that is working - meet your micros.
  • jillian_fan2425
    jillian_fan2425 Posts: 167 Member
    Why don't you always log your exercise? Doing so will "buy" you some extra calories that could help you fill up.

You may have too aggressive of a goal. A lot of people start MFP, say that they want to lose 2 lbs. a week when they really don't have all that much to lose, and then get really restricted. Try going for slower loss (maybe 0.5 to 1 lb. a week) so that you get a few more calories. As others have said, it's a lifestyle change, not a diet. You have to learn how to have a new relationship with food.
  • asia1967
    asia1967 Posts: 707 Member
    Trying :

I am new here, but can I give you a little idea where I am coming from. I'm close to 50. Over 300lbs with severe arthritis in my back and knees. I try to eat protein first at every meal so that I get full and top up with veggie/fruit. I promise myself to walk (even very slowly if need be) at least 30min three times a week.

It is hard trying something new, changing your eating habits, getting off the couch and do something active. We are creatures of habit. I GET IT!!! But please take my word, if you give up now you will regret it. You will continue to eat poorly and gain more weight, which will only compound your feeling which will create a vicious cycle. I have been there and done that and wished I would have listen when I was told to change my life.

Only you can make the change, and you have to realize that you are worth the extra effort. I know you can do this!

Good Luck.
  • cinnam6n
    cinnam6n Posts: 31 Member
    This the worst time to be self critical! See what you dislike about yourself as motivation and never be too harsh. Everyone has issues with themselves and sometimes we blow things out of proportion. Just keep focused and be strict with yourself and you'll see results. Also, enjoy it! Changing up diet and getting some exercise can be fun :)
  • Look when we start losing weight, our body image in our mind's eye still sees us heavy. It has not actually caught up yet with the reality of our weight lost. Also I have learned that when I am hungry if you could distract yourself for 30 minutes, doing a hobby that you like or going for a walk, gardening, call a friend, etc. anything you enjoy doing except watching TV. You don't want to see food commercials and you need to keep your hands busy. After 30 minutes you'll forget that you were hungry.:smile:
  • yungibear
    yungibear Posts: 138 Member
    I hope this doesn't become a demotivational thing, because it's totally not meant to be. Realistically speaking, many people who have lost a significant amount of weight might find themselves being chastised FOR losing weight and being "too skinny." People and society are going to judge our bodies, no matter where we fall on the scale. Those who are fit will be told "they are trying too hard," those who are overweight will be told, "eat a salad," and those who are thin will be told, "you need to eat a few hamburgers."

What do YOU want for yourself? I feel like you need to have an idea of what you're looking for and try to address it, before you go on trying to lose weight.
  • LKM54
    LKM54 Posts: 48 Member
    I would encourage you to do some inner work. Check out overcoming overeating. You may really like their philosophy. I had to come to a point where I learned to love myself just as I am. I have no problem referring to myself now as fat and I don't mean it derogatorily. Actually, part of my problem in losing the weight is I am partly fine with where I am. Mostly, I hate my pictures and want to look good when my daughter gets married. It is very hard, and I mean VERY HARD, to have strong ego strength around body image in this society we are in. I had to do a ton of inner work to detach myself from the idiocy of our society and the body image of the female. Mostly, the male image is distorted and unrealistic and women keep trying to make it real. We are curvy and should have some fat. So, keep doing what you are doing, maybe raise your calories add some weights but learn to lover yourself just as is!