Emptying my fridge

Options
amblight
amblight Posts: 350 Member
And it seems like I'll have to make a meal containing lettuce, carrot, goat cheese, shrimp, red onion, tomato paste and the possible sides of lemon juice and garlic cloves...

What are my best options?? I'm considering making "carrot fries" and pretending the tomato paste is a ketchup... And grilling the shrimp with the red onion and garlic, dripping some lemon juice... And then I guess, I'll have plain lettuce w/goat cheese?? (it's spreadable)

Replies

• Skchers
    Skchers Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Why not make a shrimp lettuce cup ?
  • amblight
    Options
    Why not make a shrimp lettuce cup ?

What is that?
  • Skchers
    Options
    Also couldn't you make a sauce out of the tomato paste and garlic, you may have to use water to thin it out.
  • Skchers
    Options
    Basically you would use the lettuce like a bowl to hold the other ingredients.
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    Try this site: http://myfridgefood.com/

It lets you put in the ingredients you have on hand and shows you the possibilities.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Mmmm, you could "fake" a shrimp gumbo (like a stew with a thick tomato broth and veggies). Pretty much everything you've got listed would go in it (the goat cheese could be left out, or it could thicken and enrich the broth). Lettuce, umm, eat it or not, lol.
  • allotmentgardener
    allotmentgardener Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Arrange prepared shrimp on the lettuce. Mix chopped onion, crushed garlic and grated carrot with a bit of tomato paste, heat through and pour/spread over shrimp. Sprinkle over cheese and grill until melts and bubbles. Serve with a lemon slice garnish.

Edit for spelling errors
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a pizza and wings night.
  • ThinkInOregon
    Options
    Try this site: http://myfridgefood.com/

It lets you put in the ingredients you have on hand and shows you the possibilities.

What a cool website, thanks!!
  • amblight
    Options
    Arrange prepared shrimp on the lettuce. Mix chopped onion, crushed garlic and grated carrot with a bit of tomato paste, heat through and pour/spread over shrimp. Sprinkle over cheese and grill until melts and bubbles. Serve with a lemon slice garnish.

Edit for spelling errors

Sounds delish! Would the lettuce then also be grilled?
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Make a salad with lettuce, carrot, goat cheese, red onion. Dress with olive oil and lemon juice. Add dill if you've got it.

Cook your shrimp with garlic and chili flakes, then add tomato paste and some white wine or broth to make a sauce.
  • allotmentgardener
    allotmentgardener Posts: 248 Member
    Options

Edit for spelling errors

Sounds delish! Would the lettuce then also be grilled?

If you put it in lowest part of grill and just long enough to melt cheese it shouldn't impact on lettuce. Only one way to find out :)
  • sonytomtp
    sonytomtp Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Just grill the shrimp, onion and garlic and have a nice shrimp and carrot salad with tomato and lemon dressing. Simples.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Fried tomato topped with goat cheese with onion garlic shrimp and a carrot lettuce salad dressed in lemon, olive oil, sea salt and cracked pepper.