Struggling with Vanilla Shakeology

Options
2»

Replies

• jrsquires17
    jrsquires17 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I only like the vanilla made this way....... one cup almond milk, one scoop vanilla shakeology, 2 tablespoons of pb, 2 no sugar added fudge pops and ice!. its good but Chocolate is my favorite!!!!
  • littlesprite11
    littlesprite11 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I am a coach and I am not a fan of vanilla. I just sent some back :(. They will send you a new bag free of charge!! Love the chocolate though with Dark Chocolate almond milk and PB. Also can't wait to try the new Strawberry. I hear that is really good.
  • Sportzmommax2
    Options
    Is it better with almond milk instead of regular milk?
  • lastchance2010
    lastchance2010 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Is it better with almond milk instead of regular milk?

I drink mine with plain soy milk, I haven't tried with almond milk or regular milk.
  • missybritt74
    Options
    I also had a hard time with the vanilla. The best for me was mixing with orange juice and putting a little bit vanilla yogart.
  • Sportzmommax2
    Options
    I have done mine with 1 cup unsweetned almond milk, 1 banana and 1 tsp peanut butter. I also have a Snickerdoodle recipe that is really good if you like Snickerdoodles. I was the same way when I first started drinking the Vanilla.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I heard Body by Vi tastes better.
  • roxielu0422
    roxielu0422 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    The Body Fortress Vanilla is really good. I dont know anything about Shakeology, I've never had it.
  • monicapaige83
    Options
    I personally use a frozen banana to blend my shakeology with instead of ice. I do add a little water to it to make it easier to drink. I add PB2 to it sometimes and a little cocoa powder if I need a little more flavor. I do prefer my chocolate flavor though.
  • muhrisuh
    muhrisuh Posts: 1
    Options
    Yesterday was my first day trying the Shakeology 3 day cleanse and I HATED the vanilla, to the point where I only drank half and had my dinner salad and went to bed. Today, I used my 1 fruit in my vanilla shake. I choose a banana and i must say it was a great idea. Im able to drink this down and it is not to bad! So i say put a banana in it!
  • melfitnesspal13
    melfitnesspal13 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Hi! I saw your post regarding the Vanilla shakeology. Have you found a recipe that you like? It's actually my FAV..I love it! I mix it with unsweetened almond milk and organice powdered peanut butter w/1/2 banana. Now that it's fall, I like mixing it with Pumpkin! :) Lorri

PB2 in regular or chocolate (powdered peanut butter) with some cinnamon and a splash of pure vanilla or cinnamon. I use plain organic almond milk too. I am really looking forward to trying the pumpkin! I also had it with almond butter (as a meal replacement or on low calorie day) and it was the best!! :flowerforyou:
  • GreatDepression
    GreatDepression Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I waited a long time for vanilla flavor to come out and am SO DISAPOINTED. It's basically a "no flavor" Shakeology in that it doesn't taste like anything except the base natural flavor from the ingredients (which is yucky). I was dumb and bought two large bags. I wasted money but will continue to use it until it is gone. I want to try the strawberry flavor but with how bad this experience was, I don't think I will ever buy expensive overpriced Shakeology again.
  • starspecks
    starspecks Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    No experience with shakeology but when I make green smoothies fresh cut pineapple can fix ANYTHING I put in it.... Well.... not the cilantro!
  • htg20
    htg20 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    This may have been said but add some cocoa powder to it to make chocolate!
  • AndreaG114
    Options
    I really like it with Orange juice. I've had it for breakfast everyday for the past few weeks . I was spending too much money and calories on bagels and caramel lattes at the starbucks next to my office. I'm now trying to cut down on sugar so I've started using the 50% less sugar orange juice and that's worked for me as well. I don't have a scale (just moved recently for a new job) but I think I've felt healthier and I don't need the latte and white carbs in the morning to function until lunch time like I thought I did. I'm not a beachbody coach and I buy it off Ebay and have saved money doing it that way (you can save at least $40 usually). I'd recommend giving it a try with orange juice. It's like a creamsicle.
  • GreatDepression
    GreatDepression Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    ^Are you a Beach Body coach? You are suggesting one of the BB recipes for Vanilla shakeology. It does NOT taste like a creamsicle at all. Nothing about vanilla shakeology tastes "creamy" or "cream-like." Another way I can describe the taste is imagine the chocolate shakeology without the chocolate. The base taste is all you really get.
  • AndreaG114
    Options
    I'm honestly not. As I said I even buy it off of ebay because I don't want to pay that much for it or deal with the coaches pestering you. I was just interested in trying the product and I like it with the orange juice.
  • Richterchuk
    Richterchuk Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I would search for recipes on Google or Pinterest.

One that I *love* is Iced Mocha:

1 scoop Vanilla Shakeology
    1/2 cup almond milk (I use the Vanilla flavour but it says to use unsweetened)
    1/2 cup cooled coffee (use your favourite but try and use a stronger blend)
    1 tsp cocoa
    Lots of ice - 2 cups (depending on your preference)

Tastes just like those iced cappuccinos that you buy and without guilt! I am not a coach and new to Shakeology. I am not using them as a weight loss tool, but for those days when I'm busy (I have 6 kids) and have no time to sit and eat. I have tried using Isagenix for this same purpose and I find that Shakeology tastes wayyyy better.

Hope this helps!
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine who is a coach and her husband got the combo packet box to start off to see which one they like, liked the vanilla the least. Offered one packet for me to try. The only recipe I had all the ingredients on hand for was the peach & cream, I thought it was pretty good. I'd suggest peeling the peaches if your weird about texture; I did not and you end up with fine bits of skin floating about. Overall it was a bit thicker than I expected but still pretty good. I used skim milk instead of water for some extra calories and protein, might have made a difference, possibly not enough or too much ice, didn't measure. .