Feel like I'm never going to be at my goal

Options
2»

Replies

• tabithaduarte
    tabithaduarte Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Tabitha - you're doing great! When I get sore, I just figure it's my fat crying out, trying to make me settle down so it doesn't have to disappear. LOL! One thing to be careful of - it's absolutely awesome to be so motivated that you push through some muscle soreness. But really listen to your body - if things get sore and stay that way OR if its more than soreness, please see a doctor. I've got stories about people who didn't listen, and they ended up 'benched' for longer than they should have been.

You're doing awesome - you'll be so glad you decided to do something about your fitness. Just remember, it took a long time to get to your current fitness level - it'll take a long time to get to the one you want. In my case, it took 13 years to get to over 200 pounds. I'm fortunate that it's only taken about a year to get back into a size 10 pants. :)

Keep it up, beautiful! :flowerforyou:

Usually my legs just burn when I'm walking then a little sore for the rest of the day and then come morning I'm ready to go again!!!
    I CANNOT wait to get to where u are I know it will take some time to get there but I walk everyday now just so that dream will be my reality in the future even it if takes 1-3 years lol.
    Staying as motivated as I possibly can!
    And thank you so much
    Oh & I LOVE the whole "fat crying" thing I do believe that is exactly what is going on :D
  • tabithaduarte
    Options
    earl_nightingale.jpg

It's huge :-( I don't know how to make it not huge.

I LOVE this thank u!!
  • tabithaduarte
    Options
    When I started I was overwhelmed by the number of pounds to loose and would have my doubts about getting there. What is working for me is setting myself smaller goals of 10 pounds. Focussing on those 10, once I get to that goal I plan the next 10 pounds. I reward myself at each goals, I have a bracelet that I love and each small goals I achieve I get myself a trinket to add to it. It is a reminder of what I achieved.

I am loosing slowly also getting use to my new eating habits which I know will be this way for the years to come.

Best of luck you will get there may it be one step at a time or 10 pounds.

I love the idea of a trinket for every milestone!!!
    It's always there to remind that u worked so hard to be where u are and not to let a moment of weakness ruin all your hard work!!
    So far I've lost 5 pound and I swear I already have more energy and I wake up earlier and ready to go!! My eating is a lot better than It was. Even though yesterday I ate a steak burrito but I still didn't go over my calories so I'm happy.
  • ssmom801
    ssmom801 Posts: 3
    Options
    I like Garcinia too
    It doesn't make me feel jittery, and helped me lose so much weight.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    If you are walking 3-4 miles a day, you are doing better than I am...even after a couple years of doing this. :) I only workout every other day.

You have your age in your favor...the younger you are, the faster you will lose because your metabolism is faster than a woman of my age. So remember that when you hit your goal and I am STILL trying to get off that last 10 pounds. ;)
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    The first thing you need to do is stop putting limitations on yourself. This journey is meant to be a slow and steady process so you will not gain the weight back. Here is a great place to start and well worth the time read it:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • runrunrun123
    runrunrun123 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Keep it up:) sounds like your trying. Here's a smoothie you can try which is good in protein and simply DELICIOUS
    1 banana (in quarters)
    1/2 cup of vanilla or plain yogurt
    1/2 cup of milk (try 1% or skim)
    2 table spoons of peanut butter
    3 ice cubes

You can make you goal if you keep on trying! Put sticky notes around your house to motivate yourself. Lay your workout clothes each morning. It helps:)
  • runrunrun123
    runrunrun123 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Keep it up:) sounds like your trying. Here's a smoothie you can try which is good in protein and simply DELICIOUS
    1 banana (in quarters)
    1/2 cup of vanilla or plain yogurt
    1/2 cup of milk (try 1% or skim)
    2 table spoons of peanut butter
    3 ice cubes

You can make you goal if you keep on trying! Put sticky notes around your house to motivate yourself. Lay your workout clothes each morning. It helps:)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,538 Member
    Options
    It's been 2 days. It's ALWAYS going to hard starting. It may be that you're expectation of change is too high.

You don't have to be a great exerciser to lose weight. You just have to be consistent with calorie deficit though. Shoot for no more than 1% of your body weight a week.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    It has taken me a year and I still have 30-40 to go!!! It takes time and patience. The journey is where the beauty lies ;)
  • jrniven
    jrniven Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Stick with it! Seriously. The future you will be very happy with you. It is hard. This is not easy. Just focus on one step at a time. Count your calories, keep on walking, and the next thing you know you will be where you want to be. Don't focus on a big number. RIght now just focus on 5 lbs, and once you get 5 lbs lost start focusing on another 5 lbs. You can do this. Anyone can do this. It is all up to you.
  • tabithaduarte
    Options
    I like Garcinia too
    It doesn't make me feel jittery, and helped me lose so much weight.

Idk if that is the one ive tried before. But it made my stomach hurt! I can never get the good stuff anyway idk where to get real diet pills or anything
  • tabithaduarte
    Options
    If you are walking 3-4 miles a day, you are doing better than I am...even after a couple years of doing this. :) I only workout every other day.

You have your age in your favor...the younger you are, the faster you will lose because your metabolism is faster than a woman of my age. So remember that when you hit your goal and I am STILL trying to get off that last 10 pounds. ;)

but u are doing amazing!
    u will get there :) and hopefully with this app and all of yall + motivation i hope to lose as much as u:)