new tattoo

Options
So I've been wanting to get my tattoo done but I'm afraid if I loose too much weight it will make it look weird. Should I wait to get my tattoo till I'm where I want to be weight wise? Or does it not matter?

Replies

• MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I would make it a treat for reaching a goal and wait..but it depends on where your planning to have it placed really if it will make a difference on appearance
  • jhebert87
    Options
    it's going to be on my back right under my bra line
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    My tattoo is on my back and I have gained and lost 30 pounds and it hasn't moved, lol. I think the back is your safest bet! I don't know what your weight now is but unless you're going to lose a whole lot then I would say get it! Eek I'm excited for you! My sister's birthday is next week and I'm taking her to get one!!!
  • smedlund
    smedlund Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I suggest waiting until you reach a certain goal. I have my final goal set for my HUGE tat I want to get on my back. I'll probably get a smaller one, in an area where it won't really matter, but the large one I want to wait until I loose more weight.
  • Gargwin82
    Gargwin82 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same debate. I would love to get a tatoo of my Son/Husband/My astrological signs in some design.
  • CarolHudson11
    Options
    I think it's completely up to you. I have one on my back too and it looks exactly the same as the day I had it done. Go for it! :)
  • autumnbreeze89
    Options
    I have a tattoo on the side of my ribs. On my bra line. And i have lost some weight, and hasent changed it at all. :smile:
  • jhebert87
    Options
    My tattoo is on my back and I have gained and lost 30 pounds and it hasn't moved, lol. I think the back is your safest bet! I don't know what your weight now is but unless you're going to lose a whole lot then I would say get it! Eek I'm excited for you! My sister's birthday is next week and I'm taking her to get one!!!

I'm planning on loosing at least 40lbs
  • traylorcats
    Options
    I agree with smedlund make it a goal to work for.

I was thinking about what I would do for when I have lost all my weight. So I will have something to work to that I really want. I have a tat on my toe (toe ring), a cross on my breast, and my eye liner is tattooed. I have been wanting to get my lips tattooed so that is what I am going to work for. Thanks for the idea.

2922366.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • brocksmom
    brocksmom Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I am thinking of getting a outline of a schnauzer head on my ankle when I reach my 50 lb. goal line (20 lbs. away)
    In March it will be 20 years since i have a schnauzer is I think it will be O.K.:wink:

Karen
  • jhebert87
    Options
    I'm taking myself to mexico when I reach my goal, but my tattoo is something I have wanted for a while