Please share suggestions on...

Options
I've committed to this 21 day Daniel Fast, and would love to have suggestions on salad dressings to make using olive oil, fresh fruit, veggies, and fresh herbs/spices....besides just adding lemon or lime. I'd also love to have any good-tasting juicing recipes (fruit/veggie comibinations). I will be consuming mainly fresh fruits and vegetables, natural peanut butter, & whole grains. NO ADDED SUGAR to anything. Time to dust off the old Jack Lalane Power Juicer!

Thanks in advance!
tt

Replies

• aghack
    aghack Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I make a salad dressing with olive oil, squeeze of lemon, thinly chopped/diced cucumber, crushed red pepper and coarse ground black pepper. I love it.
  • TaraDenise
    TaraDenise Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    That sounds good, aghack! Do you make it as needed or does it keep well if you make enough for a couple of days?
  • Fancy_Nancy2
    Fancy_Nancy2 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • mltdown
    mltdown Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I make a salad dressing with olive oil, squeeze of lemon, thinly chopped/diced cucumber, crushed red pepper and coarse ground black pepper. I love it.
    I do the same but add chili powder instead of the crushed peppers! Very yummy
  • rock810
    rock810 Posts: 17
    Options
    I am a spice addict and actually love Franks Red Hot sauce on salad instead of dressing. Tobassco works too. No calories, but a little high on sodium
  • watkinsc
    watkinsc Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Several companies make a raspberry vinagerette that is very good on lettuce with fruit (dried or fresh) and nuts. I like it on young lettuce with dried cranberries, strawberries, walnut pieces, and gorgonzola cheese crumbles. Also is good on salads made with fresh apples. There is also a mandarine orange vinegarrette that is good on lettuce with citrus fruits ( I like clementines with it and the crunchy asian noodles). My kids love smoothies made with frozen strawberries, and fresh bananas, and plain yogurt. Frozen blueberries make a good add-in also. I need to start eating right again. This has been a good reminder for me of the direction I need to head again.
  • trainerleslie
    trainerleslie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Try my Green Sunset...

6 fresh cherries, pitted
    7 pcs of frozen mango chunks, cut in half
    1/4 cup frozen blueberries (or blackberries)
    4-5 baby carrots (I cut lengthwise in half)
    1 cup spinach
    4-5 oz of apple juice, just enough to liquify ingredients

Blend and drink, makes 12 oz...this is pure deliciousness in a glass!

*I like to add a greens powder for all the nutrition to this mix, but this is optional...you can find packets of "green vibrance", my choice, or "perfect food' brand greens at a good grocery store to try them out.
  • rawdefault
    Options
    for juices, you could try carrot, celery and pineapple (for the sweetness), or apple, beetroot & carrot.
    good luck!
  • aghack
    aghack Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    That sounds good, aghack! Do you make it as needed or does it keep well if you make enough for a couple of days?

I mix theeverything BUT the olive oil and keep it on hand for a few days at a time. That way I can keep it in the fridge, and I can measure ut the exact portion of olive oil used.
  • TaraDenise
    TaraDenise Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the suggestions!!