First Post!! Looking for friends/inspiring people

hiltonh
hiltonh Posts: 5 Member
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
I have been at this weight loss thing for the last week, well lets be honest for the last 5 years probably. But more recently I have started dieting and exercising again... last week lol. I just signed up for kickboxing classes and attended 3 sessions last week. Lets see if I can make this work for me this time. I LOVE food. Obviously, a girl doesnt get to weigh 200 lbs and not love food, but I am not looking for a crash diet. I am tired of telling myself "no" all the time "no you cant eat that. You shouldnt even go to that restaurant. Or the worst is No, thats not on my diet"

So I have decided to not completly take foods off my meal plan and in turn to work out that much harder. Never in my life have I done the exercise before the dieting. Dont get me wrong I am still dieting, but I will not refuse myself of some of my favorite foods. I want this to be a life style change. And you certainly dont see skinny people only eating salad and fish. I want something I can sustain for the rest of my life. So my solution is going to be eat what I want (within reason) aim for healthier selections, but if I want a piece of cake I can have a small one, NOT THE WHOLE CAKE!! lol

So exercising is going to be my gateway into a healthier lifestyle. Since exercising I have given up pop because I get dehydrated in classes and me being a smart cookie, I realized I should drink more water. So naturally cutting out pop made sense. I dont feel deprived that I'm not drinking 32 oz a day of Coke, I feel great that I am going to be hydrated for my class. It all makes sense in my head. Plus just cutting out my usual pop everyday saved me 2000 calories last week. Lets see how well I can do!! Ill keep you posted! If you are looking to inspire or be inspired please friend request me! I would love to hear from people who understand what its like to be in my shoes... or should I say plus size clothes! Look forward to meeting you

Todays weight 215
Lost this week: 1.8
Lost total: 1.8

Replies

• sherilynn65
    sherilynn65 Posts: 26 Member
    awesome awesome, the first step is the desicion to lose the weight. the ppl here are great and so supportive. add me as a friend i give as much support as i get so lets do this together
  • TayJoMama
    TayJoMama Posts: 348 Member
    I feel you on giving up soda. Pepsi is my favorite ever. But like you, I feel I can have most things in moderation. So now my hubby and I split a 20oz if we have one. But MFP has really help to cut out or cut down on the bad stuff and make better decisions. Welcome!
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Very good move to get rid of the soda. That was a big one for me too. Now I can't stand the stuff! I drink only water, herbal teas, and green tea. Well, I do drink Almond Milk but I count it as a food.

I dropped from 215 to 125 in 18 months with diet and exercise. It's soooo worth it! You can do it too!
This discussion has been closed.