Salad Ideas

Options
2»

Replies

• Shovelita
    Shovelita Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Anything with goat cheese dressing. I just made a thousand island dressing with goat cheese instead of mayo, it was bomb.
  • Shmeelady
    Shmeelady Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    spinach, feta, red onion, craisins, hemp hearts, and home made balsamic.

romaine, juliened carrots, raisins, hemp hearts, and home made balsamic.
  • Luv2eatSweets
    Luv2eatSweets Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Spinach, apples,small amount of blue cheese, walnuts, champagne dressing
  • losingdays
    losingdays Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My go-to for weekday lunches is usually made on a sunday night by dicing up any pumpkin, potato and kumara i have in the house and roasting them in low sodium lemon pepper, which i then store in a little container and bring to work.
    I usually have the above + spinach, kale, rocket, sunflower seeds, almonds, edamame, shredded carrot and a caramelized onion dressing :)
  • marcelo_templario
    marcelo_templario Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Lettuce (whole leaves), cous cous with a bit of butter, pepper and salt, avocado (the size of your thumbnail), 1 piece of sliced cucumber, I place some cous cous on the each leave (5 to 6 of them), the cucumber and the avocado on top.

There is a new type of cabbage that doesn't provoke gas and colitis, I cut shred 2 cups of this cabbage, with cherry tomato, diced cucumber, 1 shredded carrot (the whole carrot), and 1 lemon, I never put dressing to my salad not even salt, the rawer the better for me.
  • raggiemom
    raggiemom Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    bump for tasty new ideas!!
  • nesto610
    nesto610 Posts: 107
    Options
    My "go-to" for any salad is romaine with a portion of Italian dressing, along with chicken, tomatoes, olives and black pepper.

Now, when I say a portion of dressing, I mean what is put on the label of the bottle.I find that the portion of dressing still leaves my salad "too dry" and that is where my saving grace comes....diced hot peppers! Diced hot peppers make the salad more "wet" and gives me the kick that I love!
  • Neptune49
    Neptune49 Posts: 1
    Options
    Baby spinach leaves straight up with chicken or fish may be what you are looking for depending on what you are eating at your other meals. It is simple, convenient and relatively cheap and the best part is you can pick these up in a supermarket.