Options
    This came from www.the gracious pantry.com

Clean Eating Strawberry Rhubarb
    Apple Crisp
    (Makes 15 servings)
    Filling Ingredients:

4 cups rhubarb, chopped or sliced
    1 cup fresh, organic strawberries
    1 large apple (whatever kind is sweet and in season)
    3/4 cup organic apple juice concentrate (I just picked up a tube in the freezer section at Whole Foods)
    1 teaspoon cinnamon
    1 tablespoon tapioca starch (cornstarch will work too)
    Topping Ingredients:

1/2 cup quick-cook oats
    1/2 cup walnuts (or any nuts you would like to use)
    1/2 cup quinoa, uncooked
    3 dates, seeds removed
    1 teaspoon olive oil
    Learn About American Express Serve

Directions:

Place all the filling ingredients in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Immediately reduce heat to a simmer.
    Continue to simmer for approximately 1 hour. The starch should be completely dissolved and you should have a somewhat thick (almost like stew), stringy substance when done. Stir frequently.
    While the rhubarb cooks, place all the topping ingredients into a food processor and blend until well combined. It should stick together just slightly, but you should still be able to “sprinkle” it over the filling.
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
    Pour the rhubarb into a lasagna dish or other baking pan. Mine was 9×13. This should be a thin layer.
    Sprinkle with the topping so the entire thing is evenly covered. Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes. The topping should have a nice, golden appearance. Check frequently after the first 20 minutes to ensure nothing gets burned.
    Allow to cool completely so that the bottom of the pan can be held in your had. In other words, not hot at all.
    Slice into 15 pieces and serve.
    Storage: Keep in the fridge for up to 6 days.
    Nutritional Content:
    (Data is for 1/15 of the entire recipe)
    Calories: 108
    Total Fat: 3 gm
    Saturated Fats: 0 gm
    Trans Fats: 0 gm
    Cholesterol: 0 mg
    Sodium: 5 mg
    Carbohydrates: 19 gm
    Dietary fiber: 2 gm
    Sugars: 10 gm
    Protein: 2 gm
    Estimated Glycemic Load: 9

Read more: http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/clean-eating-strawberry-rhubarb-apple-crisp-for-the-no-sugar-challenge/#ixzz32pq0gNMN
    © The Gracious Pantry. All rights reserved.
    Follow us: @graciouspantry on Twitter | GraciousPantry on Facebook
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    It's in season here big time too, ours is going insane. We usually just replace the sugar in a recipe with splenda so my mom can eat it as she's diabetic.
  • sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Ok thanks
  • ketoandbarbell
    ketoandbarbell Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I cook it with mixed fruit and added a tiny bit of sugar. Cook it down till it's runny. I added it to cottage cheese and greek yogurt, might add it to my oatmeal also.
  • Kestrelwings
    Kestrelwings Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I also heard that adding bicarbonate of soda or cooking it in a little diet lemonade work.