Need Support and Motivation

Options
I'm finally dedicated to gettting a healthier lifestyle and making huge changes. So I could really do with the support and motivation! Feel free too add me :smile:

Replies

• fit_gal
    fit_gal Posts: 167
    Options
    I will add you :) I rejoined 6 days ago x
  • WonderWomanHCK
    Options
    thankyou & goodluck :smile:
  • fit_gal
    fit_gal Posts: 167
    Options
    You too xxx
  • petecassa
    petecassa Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi, I've been on and off this for a while now and I really need to do something about my weight. I've joined a gym and started sticking to my 1600 calories a day. I'm counting steps using the Pacer app which syncs with MFP but I'm not including the work I do at the gym as I don't want my calorie intake being raised too much.
    I could do with any help, support or advice and I welcome any friend requests.
  • WonderWomanHCK
    Options
    I generally try to stick under 1000 calories a day, and whatever i add into my food diary i burn of with exercise :) but i never really take notice of the extra calorie allowance added on after exercise.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    I always try to stick under 1000 calories a day, and whatever i add into my food diary i burn of with exercise :) but i never really take notice of the extra calorie allowance added on after exercise.

Sincerely, I wish you the best. I'm sure you know that eating too few calories (under 1000 in your case) will make meeting your nutritional needs almost impossible. Do you watch your macros (protein, fats, carbs) too?

This link is full of information to help people find a plan that will allow them to lose weight and do it in a way that is sustainable. I wish I had been able to have access to this information years ago. It would have stopped me from eating too little and being on the yo yo for years. Please, take the time to at least read it. It will change your ideas about losing weight and getting healthy.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1175494-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • petecassa
    petecassa Posts: 9
    Options
    I'm not monitoring anything other than calories in vs calories out. I appreciate this might not be the best way when people are looking to tone up or get 'ripped' but I think for myself, someone who needs to lose around 7 stone, it's a pretty good start.
  • Jenny775
    Jenny775 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm finally dedicated to gettting a healthier lifestyle and making huge changes. So I could really do with the support and motivation! Feel free too add me :smile:

Added :smile:
  • WonderWomanHCK
    Options
    I always try to stick under 1000 calories a day, and whatever i add into my food diary i burn of with exercise :) but i never really take notice of the extra calorie allowance added on after exercise.

Sincerely, I wish you the best. I'm sure you know that eating too few calories (under 1000 in your case) will make meeting your nutritional needs almost impossible. Do you watch your macros (protein, fats, carbs) too?

This link is full of information to help people find a plan that will allow them to lose weight and do it in a way that is sustainable. I wish I had been able to have access to this information years ago. It would have stopped me from eating too little and being on the yo yo for years. Please, take the time to at least read it. It will change your ideas about losing weight and getting healthy.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1175494-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Thankyou and yeah i am aware of this, I keep as close as possible to my macros. :)
  • SpiralFlight
    SpiralFlight Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started addng you guys - feel free to add me too! I want some more motivation/support so I can meet my goals and hopefully help others to do the same! :)
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

This...

You say you are dedicated to getting a healthier lifestyle then you need to treat your body that way. Eating too little is NOT healthy or taking care of yourself. When you reach your goal weight, then what happens? You go back to eating more? You'll gain it all back. I'm not trying to be negative, just realistic. Read the link above, give your body the fuel it needs, do strength training, meet your macros. You have to make sustainable lifestyle changes. I eat whatever I want, drink whatever I want. I'm 5'5", my calorie goal is about 2000, and I'm losing weight and inches.
  • WonderWomanHCK
    Options
    I'm not monitoring anything other than calories in vs calories out. I appreciate this might not be the best way when people are looking to tone up or get 'ripped' but I think for myself, someone who needs to lose around 7 stone, it's a pretty good start.

This is what I was trying to say lol yeah but all seems to be working for me before i slipped back into old ways i lost 2stone in 8 weeks. Im deffo not hoping to get the 'ripped' look ijust want to become healthier and achieve my goal of losing around 5 stone
  • WonderWomanHCK
    Options

This...

You say you are dedicated to getting a healthier lifestyle then you need to treat your body that way. Eating too little is NOT healthy or taking care of yourself. When you reach your goal weight, then what happens? You go back to eating more? You'll gain it all back. I'm not trying to be negative, just realistic. Read the link above, give your body the fuel it needs, do strength training, meet your macros. You have to make sustainable lifestyle changes. I eat whatever I want, drink whatever I want. I'm 5'5", my calorie goal is about 2000, and I'm losing weight and inches.

I excercise for 30 minutes each day and cardio for 10 minutes 3 times a week. I appreciate your advice, on weekends when i visit family i do tend to eat more and eat more things i wouldn't in the week. I find it difficult because I am a boredom eater and i also comfort eat, so i can't really stop once i start, do you know what i mean? My weight Nurse suggested instead of eating unhealthy snacks everyday, I should allow my self to have a 'treat day' on which i do. I ensure that I have my 5 fruit and vegestable a day and always have3 healthy meals a day on the advice of my Nurse, I keep close to my 1220 goal, but most days im under 1000 but if im not hungry then i wont force myself the extra calories :smile:
  • eztez90
    eztez90 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just started here, I'm 51 yrs old weigh 207lb, I moved 800 miles from my kids in Sept 2013. I cry almost daily missing them, but have no choice at the moment probably cause I have no backbone to say exactly how i feel these days. I lost 70lb in 2009 and have gained 37 back since I started moving around in 2011? My husband was helping me in 2009 when I lost the weight but now jut says "if i really want to loose it I dont need him"? He is partially right, but I know myself...I cant do this alone! Trust me these days I am more alone than I have ever been in my life! I have always had my kids (who are now in their 20s) , I started to move in 2011 cause I thought a change would be better (wrong!!). I want to move back but my husband says never so if I go, I go alone again! Really?? My kids say it doesn't matter where I live they love me and support me. I just need help with everything before I go nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! P.S. I started moving in 2011 cause my kid were off doing their own thing and I thought this would be a new adventure in life, cause raising my kids was (and still is) my life...ugh
  • tlangenfeld
    tlangenfeld Posts: 2,330 Member
    Options
    I been on here for a while and try to support and motivate my friends as well as need the same I will add you and anyone can add me