I jogged 1/4 of a mile!

Options
I did so without stopping. I felt quite a burn just in those couple of minutes..felt my whole body heating up when it was freezing outside. I feel proud though. It was really tough, I was breathing hard..had some aches and pains but I did it. I think I'm going to try the couch25k program if anyone wants to start with me (prob tomorrow) and we can keep each other motivated!

Replies

• stamy6
    stamy6 Posts: 27
    Options
    Keep it up!! Headed out for my run. I was waiting for it to warm up., I guess 46 degrees is it for today!
  • annieboo34
    Options
    Great job!!!!!!!!!!!1
  • modernfemme
    modernfemme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I feel yer pain!!! I jogged 3 minutes and thought I was going to die!
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! It's an awesome feeling, isn't it?? Just keep it up :smile:
  • DoralisM
    Options
    Congratulations... keep up the good work! :bigsmile:
  • hummzz
    hummzz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Great Job! I'm hapy for you!
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    You go girl! I'm so glad that .25 spurred you on to start C25K! Before ya know we will be seeing posts about your first mile, your first 5K and further!!!! WalkingGirl will becoming Flying woman!!!!
  • mrshoffman07
    Options
    Nice work!
  • bwatkins16
    Options
    good job im going to try and go for a run tomorrow
  • darren37
    Options
    Congratulations. Found C25K a good guide but ended up doing the 5k after 3 weeks as felt good. It will not be easy but you will do it.
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Woot woot! Way to go!! Good luck on the C25K, I repeated almost every week twice but now I run at least 3 miles, at least 3x/week!

Oh, and that amazing feeling of accomplishment? It's pretty much always there :happy:
  • nahtsalmon
    Options
    Congratulations! Running is HARD!
    Keep it up :)
  • classyleo77
    classyleo77 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! That is awesome. I started where you are at in August 2010 and now I average around 15-20 miles a week at 6 mph. The couch to 5k was great and I repeated days/weeks that I found too challenging. It is amazing how quickly your body changes and adapts.
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Hey - you CAN do it!
    I am so very proud of you ... running is hard but it is doable.
    My best advice for c25k is to run slower than you think you need to ... and to never run 2 days in a row (no matter how good you feel)!
    Oh and make sure you have good shoes and good socks!

I started out running for 30 seconds... and look at me now!
    I still run intervals BTW... I enjoy it so much more than anything else!
  • antipholous
    Options
    Keep it up.

I can't run because I'm plagued with shin splints, but I wish I could do what you're doing.

Never think you can't do more. Anyone can run a whole mile without stopping. The only thing stopping you is your mind.

I've found, while biking, that I can always sprint for a few more seconds, I can always keep the same pace uphill for one more pedal, and I can always keep pace with my competition for one more minute. The second you can get the, "I can't," or "I'm done," mentality out of your mind, and push through that pain, it's amazing to see what you never knew you could accomplish.
  • sanddollar
    sanddollar Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Great Job!! I just started C-2-5K also!!
  • urmyeffinstar
    urmyeffinstar Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I started the C25K program last week. Its a good program! Seems hard at first but truely gets easier :)
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    BrownEyedG1rl Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I also started the C25K program last week. I completed the first 3 days of it. Day 1 was HARD. Day 2 was a little easier. Day 3 (yesterday) was even easier! Now I start week 2! You can do it!
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Keep it up.

I can't run because I'm plagued with shin splints, but I wish I could do what you're doing.

Never think you can't do more. Anyone can run a whole mile without stopping. The only thing stopping you is your mind.

I've found, while biking, that I can always sprint for a few more seconds, I can always keep the same pace uphill for one more pedal, and I can always keep pace with my competition for one more minute. The second you can get the, "I can't," or "I'm done," mentality out of your mind, and push through that pain, it's amazing to see what you never knew you could accomplish.

Hmmm never think you cant do more... but yet you have given up on running completely.
    Shin splints are caused by a combination of increasing distance and duration too fast... plus being a heel striker. You too can get through shin splints if you want to ... just a thought!
  • heligal79
    Options
    Good Job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!