Milk after exercise

Options
wriri7_x
wriri7_x Posts: 94 Member
Is drinking a glass of milk after working out okay? I am trying to lose weight so would this be okay?

Replies

• Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Yes it would be okay.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Is drinking a glass of milk after working out okay? I am trying to lose weight so would this be okay?

Milk is a great source of protein and carbs to replenish what you used working out. Losing weight is all about having a calorie deficit . What you eat is up to you but milk is a superior food. If you want to cut a few calories out of it you can try 2% milk or skim milk.
  • ScaryMaryOne
    ScaryMaryOne Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    As far as I know, drinking a glass of milk after a workout is definitely ok, within the context of a day's worth of eating within your total calories goal. It has protein and because there is such a thing that is called "milk sugar", it also has a modest amount of carbs. (This makes it a nearly ideal food for Type II diabetics.) After you exercise, especially if you are weight training, a food with protein addresses the need for your muscles to heal with new muscle tissue. The carbs restore energy expended during a workout too. If you are not used to skim milk, you should give it a try for awhile. At first it tastes kinda thin, but if you persist, it will come to seem normal, and then when you drink 2% or whole milk, that will seem ridiculously rich. Just saying.
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    chockalate milk is the perfect post workout drink. look up the research. if u stay in your cal limit its def ok.