Exercises I can do with a broken foot??

Options
I just recently broken my fifth metatarsal, I'm in a CAM walker, but I can't be on my foot for TWO weeks!!!!!!!):
I want to exercise and I don't want to gain weight back I want to keep losing and I don't know what to do!
Also another question I'm 5'4" and weigh 164 lbs and I think I'm a spoon shape?? Spoon shaped bodies have shelf like hips that carry fat on the hips and thighs. I have been working out but I stopped seeing results after losing 10lbs. I wanted to know if anyone had any idea what exercises I could do to help or how long I should be doing it? My goal weight is 145lbs and if I can get there I would like to go lower.
Any help would be great!

This is a link to a picture of spoon shape
http://www.shopyourshape.com/body-shapes/spoon-body-shape.html?delvars=[type+Function]&_searchKey=212553&radioGroup2=[object+Object]

Replies

• MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Swimming?

There are some sitting exercise videos out there you could youtube

Also if you can be on your feet, just no jumping at all you could carefully try lifting. I did a lifting class once with a sprained ankle, just modified some of the moves. The instructor was vocally pissed that I only showed up because I couldn't do my usual classes and she knew she wouldn't see me once I was better :tongue:
  • aalbert_82
    aalbert_82 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Could you do a bunch of different leg lifts from an all fours position or standing (holding chair)? You'd be using large muscles so hopefully get a decent calorie burn considering the circumstances. Or lifting free weights from a seated position?
  • Tinytaru
    Tinytaru Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I have a treble broken foot and aren't allowed to go to the gym for 8-9 weeks :cry:

So I started doing all kind of excercises where I don't have to stand on my foot, dumbbell workouts, crunches, even some leg stuff while lying on the floor.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Actually, you don't have to gain weight back. You can either:

Until your foot heals, you can set your goals to maintenance at the sedentary setting and wait it out.

or

Set your goals to lose .5 pounds a week at sedentary and wait until your foot is healed and you can get back to the gym.

If you choose to exercise, I suggest upper body exercises with weights only. You can sit on the bench/chair and do you exercises that way.