Best Scales for Weight Loss

Options
Hi All! The scale I've begun using to weigh-in is just not cutting it. I can step on it 5 different times and get 5 different results, therefore I'm in the market to purchase a new one. Any thoughts on what type may get me consistent results? Your input is greatly appreciated.

Replies

• fitsporation96
    Options
    Hello,

Mechanical scales are the best by far, electric ones are not accurate, I had a pair and they weighed my 5 pounds more, I would recommend mechanical scales.
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Mechanical scales are the best by far, electric ones are not accurate, I had a pair and they weighed my 5 pounds more, I would recommend mechanical scales.
    20 dollar digital health o meter works great for me.
  • isp3986
    isp3986 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    If you want the most accuracy you need a balance. They measure mass (your heaviness), not weight against gravity (dependent on firmness of floor, moon position, etc.).
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Just watch the trend...the actual number really doesn't matter...it's the trend that counts. Nobody ever says, "wow...that person must be 130 Lbs (or some other arbitrary weight)"...it just doesn't matter. All scales are calibrated a little bit differently and nobody weighs exactly XXX Lbs.

Use the same scale and weigh in under roughly the same conditions and be consistent and watch the trend and win.
  • w_eising
    w_eising Posts: 7
    Options
    You will get a very accurate measurement from a digital scale. The down fall is over time they can decelerate and give inacurrate readings. Analog scales will always give the correct measurement.
  • sweetie_pi88
    sweetie_pi88 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I think that's what's happened to my digital scale. It's become uncalibrated. Definitely prefer digital to analog but my current one just isn't cutting it.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I have the scale my parents were given as a wedding present in 1962. They gave it to me when I moved into my own home 25 years ago. The thing is 52 years old! Obviously, it's analog. I check it a couple times a year with my dumbbells to test for accuracy. It's always spot on.