What is your workout schedule?

Options
k2d4p
k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
My boss asked me an interesting question the other day and I keep thinking about it. He asked me if I was addicted to excercising. I said no, I don't think so. Here is my schedule:

******************Morning*************************Night
Sunday: 1 1/2 - 2hr gym*******30min - 1hr workout video game
Monday: 1hr gym**************30min - 1hr workout video game
Tuesday: 1hr gym**************30min - 1hr workout video game
Wednesday: 1hr gym**************30min - 1hr workout video game
Thursday: 1hr gym***************30min - 1hr workout video game
Friday: 1hr gym***************30min - 1hr workout video game
Saturday: 1 1/2 - 2hr gym*********30min - 1hr workout video game

I am very strict about it. I seriously can't remember the last day I took off. Meaning, completely off with no excercise what so ever. I didn't go to the gym Christmas morning, but I still did the workout video that night. My husband usually has to insist that I take a day off. I think I took my birthday off in November. I am happy with the way I workout. I do know that when I take time off from excercise I feel off all day and Lazy. I have a full time job and 2 kids. My older son does the video games with me at night sometimes. I don't think I am addicted. I am very much use to my schedule now.

So, what is your workout schedule? How often do you take time off? Do you think I excercise too much?

Replies

• saj9291113
    Options
    I commend you for your schedule. I try to hit the gym 6 times a week and I know that on some days my body fights back and I have to do a 1/2 workout. I know most things I've read have stated you need to have days off or light days to let your body repair and strengthen from your previous workouts. I would talk to a trainer at your gym about your schedule. It might be counteractive to not have rest.

Ryan
  • amilli2005
    Options
    Wow, I wish I had your dedication...working out consistently has always been a struggle for me. I say as long as your doctor says its okay for your body (exercising 7 days/week), you're not neglecting your husband and family, and it provides an outlet and quality alone time, I don't think there's a thing wrong with it....as long as you're prioritizing what's most important...otherwise, it may be an unhealthy compulsion or obsession.
  • amilli2005
    Options
    I complety forgot about the need to rest between workouts....I told you I was new to this lifestyle!
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    Your body needs rest so I hope you're not working a lot of the same muscle groups day and night without rest otherwise you're just defeating the purpose. You do know that muscle isn't built in the gym right? It's built at rest. People seem to think the more they workout the better and that's not the case. It's about quality over quantity.
  • 388gigi
    388gigi Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Awesome work on the dedication...but you definitely need to have a rest day every week. Even super athletes give their bodies a rest!

Maybe just go for a slow paced walk on your rest day if the thought of doing nothing makes you feel guilty! Or even better...get a massage!

=)
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    If you're mixing it up with weights one day and cardio the next or one muscle group per day then that's fine but it does seem a tad obsessive.
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    Awesome work on the dedication...but you definitely need to have a rest day every week. Even super athletes give their bodies a rest!

Maybe just go for a slow paced walk on your rest day if the thought of doing nothing makes you feel guilty! Or even better...get a massage!

=)

If the thought of doing nothing makes you feel guilty it's definitely an unhealthy obsession and a sign of overtraining. At least that's what all of the things on overtraining have said that I've read.
  • kiannlouise
    kiannlouise Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Haha It can definately not be a bad thing though!
    Mines;

monday- 30min weight training session with PT
    Tuesday- 1 hour gym or 6km jog
    wedneday- 30min weight training sessions with PT
    thursday- 1 hour gym or 6km jog
    friday- 1 hour gym or 6km jog
    saturday- 1 hour gym class
    sunday- usually my day off but we do go for a walk or play some wii :)
    you have definately bet me though!
  • 388gigi
    388gigi Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    @ boreseasily: I'm no expert...just trying to give some advise!
  • kathdela
    kathdela Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I have a very sporadic schedule in that I work for 4 days and then I have 4 days off. I usually go to the gym around 11 pm for an hour 30 minutes cardio and then 30 minutes strength and only do about 3 days a week. I guess I'd have to ask if I'm doing enough. It seems like everyone else does at least 6 days!
  • rawdefault
    Options
    I do:
    Mon- 30+ mins cardio & 20 mins strength
    Tue- 30 - 45 mins cardio
    Wed- 30+ mins cardio & 20 mins strength
    Thu- 30 - 45 mins cardio
    Fri- 30+ mins cardio & 20 mins strength

Sat & Sun are generally rest days (though I usually go for a walk on Sunday). On Mon, Wed & Fri I sometimes do a bit of cardio in the afternoon too, even if it's just 10-15 mins to get my heartrate up again.