Newly Veggie eater HELP HELP

Hi! I'm a serial yo-yo dieter and finally I'm trying to find a balance but I have a considerable amount of weight to use, I hope to lose about 2 stone altogether just under that even. Anyway- this is my daily diet so far
Breakfast- Sunwarrior Vegan shake with Almond milk
Break- Banana
Lunch Sunwarrior Vegan Shake with almond milk
Small fist full of nuts and seeds
Dinner: Whole grain organic brown rice 90grams, half an avacado, kindney beans, chickpeas, peppers, unions, broccoli, baby tomatoes and a dash of lentils.
I really want to keep away from processed like veggie fake meats etc so I'm trying to substitute
WIll I lose weight?
I'm working out EVERYDAY so far for 40 mins/to an hour. please help or add any advice if you can? Much appreciated!! :D

Replies

• cherrilovee
    cherrilovee Posts: 194 Member
    Sweetie, it's not supposed to be a diet. It's supposed to be a healthy lifestyle. Don't give up anything that you can't give up for the rest of your life. Eat foods that are healthy, but don't cut out the carbs and fats. You'll lose wight but not in a healthy manner. Once you start eating normal again, you'll most likely just gain it back. Come on, trust me on this, I've tried it too. I ate nothing but salads every day for two weeks. I got blood work done and everything was off balance, low iron, protein levels, you name it. I started eating like a regular person again and gained all the weight back plus more. Don't throw off your bodys metabolism by not getting all the nutrition that you need.
  • fushigi1988
    fushigi1988 Posts: 519 Member
    Why 2 shakes a day? Why not some more real food?
    Like oatmeal for breakfast or something.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Will you lose weight well that depends on your calories in relation to what you expend. To me as a Vegan your diet looks pretty grim. Are you going to eat that every day? Why the shakes. Shakes are meant as a supplement not as a mainstay of your diet. there are so many creative and exciting Vegan and Vegetarian recipes out there. Google is your friend.

You do not need to suffer or deprive yourself to lose weight.

Maybe have a look at these links they may help you. Good luck

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1175494-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants?hl=guide+to+sexypants&page=1#posts-18361594

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1234699-logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide
  • I'd have to second Cherrilove. This sounds like another unsustainable diet. Unless you plan to live the rest of your days doing 2 shakes a day. I'm a bit of a yo-yoer myself, yes I go through shake phases, or low carb phases, but I eat quite healthy in general. If you want to start off like that then go for it. You should lose the weight doing that no problem BUT realise you will not likely keep that trend going as you will not likely keep with you current diet plan.
    One thing I love is breakfast, another is vegetables. I put those veggies in everything! Including breakfast! It's something that is quick, physically AND (here's the big one for us yo-yoers) MENTALLY satisfying. I can have huge breakfasts, lunches and dinners because veggies make up the majority of my plate. And it's darned good for you.
    I'm totally speaking personally here: shakes are only snacks for me. I can never replace a meal with them, no matter how chockablock full of nutrients or calories they may be. I just end up consuming more calories at the end of the day. Probably because I'm not mentally satisfied with that 'meal'. So I make smoothies and shakes that are light on the calories, and have them as snacks. You can make up a big batch, put it into 2/3 containers and snack on them throughout the day.
    Try to find what works for you that you can sustain, is healthy, and will let you lose the pounds.
    Way to go with the exercising! Some may tell you you can't sustain that, but heck, there is certainly no harm in trying :)
  • MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    You are a yo-yo dieter because your "diets" are not sustainable. Learn how to make your everyday food fit into your calorie goals and get some exercise.
    Look at that sexypants thread. It will help.
  • yungibear
    yungibear Posts: 138 Member
    As for the exercising, you don't need to be killing yourself to get an adequate calorie burn! It's totally reasonable to cut a small amount of calories (250-500) and burn a small amount (~200-300). The biggest thing is to stay consistent and STAY ON the wagon, even if things don't look like they are moving along. It required time to put on the weight you did, it'll require time to get it off.

I wish you well in your new start!
  • Thank you everrrryone ❤️❤️
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Looks boring, expensive, and also appears to be a continuation of the yo-yo. STOP DIETING!!!

Rigger