NSV: I just realized I like working out!

Options
I'm only 8 lbs down (after 4 weeks of being on MFP), which I guess is a minor victory in itself, BUT…

The really BIG victory for me hit me in the middle of my workout this morning: I'm actually enjoying working out! That's never happened before, and I've always thought it would probably be the key to getting fit and healthy… not just working out, but LIKING it (otherwise, I'd never stick with it).

This might seem like a small thing to those of you who have been working out for a long time, but I gotta tell ya, this is major for me.

Bring on the endorphins!

Replies

• PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    This is something I just recently found out too. I have never enjoyed exercising or sweating. Now I actually look forward to each morning when I get to climb out of bed and power walk 5 miles at sunrise. About 2.5 miles in my legs take over and I get this "high" that I have never experienced before. Oh yeah and bring on the sweat. I had no idea I could or would actually enjoy this process.
  • jamiesokd
    jamiesokd Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I hope I can get to that point someday! LOL
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I really enjoy working out too, something I thought would also never happen lol
  • asia1967
    asia1967 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear that you hit that point in your workout routine. I'm still waiting. :grumble:
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I've been (back) on here for 3 weeks today and I'm the same way!

I actually LIKE it this time. I didn't before and I obviously wasn't as committed to weight loss before either.

It seems so different this time. I have so much more energy when I work out than when I don't.
  • cmlindemann
    Options
    I've been trying to figure out what the difference is this time, and I'm just not sure. Something is just clicking in a way that it hasn't before, and I'm treasuring that layer of sweat, and that zone you get in when your muscles just take over and do what they do.

I don't know why it's happening, but I'm grateful that it is, and I'm grateful that I didn't give up trying after all the many times it didn't click for me before.
  • katebizarre
    Options
    It's taken almost 2 months for me, but I've just about learnt to enjoy it, i look forward to taking my aggression out during a work out though, Congrats on one of many NSV! xx
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    that is very wonderful for you. I am still waiting to enjoy it. ha ha Just need to keep on going though. Keep up the good work!
  • cmbauer99
    cmbauer99 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    8 pounds in 4 weeks is no MINOR victory. That is awesome. That is 2 pounds aweek! Great progress. Wait till the next realization that you are ADDICTED to exercise. That is where I am now. 1 work out isn't enough I want more everyday hahaha
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!