Calling Garmin experts...

Options
Hi ... just got my first Garmin for Christmas and I am slowly learning how to work it, but I have a ton of questions... can you help?

1. Does it work indoors... I mean for the timing lap features? Or the little training man program? I wouldnt expect the GPS to work indoors, but if I am running on a track?

2. Will the HR monitor feature work indoors if the other features dont?

Thanks!! :)

Replies

• kac7700
    kac7700 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    It does work indoors, I turn the GPS off since that uses a lot of battery. If you're track running, you can just hit the lap button manually, I use that a lot when I'm rollerblading in conjunction with the heart rate monitor to count calories (if your does that.) I've also just used the HR monitor when doing other cardio exercises indoors.

Nothing beats taking it outside though! That's my favorite.
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    It does work indoors, I turn the GPS off since that uses a lot of battery. If you're track running, you can just hit the lap button manually, I use that a lot when I'm rollerblading in conjunction with the heart rate monitor to count calories (if your does that.) I've also just used the HR monitor when doing other cardio exercises indoors.

Nothing beats taking it outside though! That's my favorite.

Wow it works indoors... OMG I am sooo excited! I have to run the track about once a week... and I want the rest of the features... like an accurate pace... :)
  • skeene07
    skeene07 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    They are so cool! Which one did you get??
  • emmaleigh47
    Options
    They are so cool! Which one did you get??

The 305 - with the heart rate monitor. Its definately a step up from my Nike plus!!
  • emmaleigh47
    Options
    Anyone else with indoor Garmin experience!
  • misssuperstitious
    Options
    I just bought mine last night! I have yet to open the box because I didn't think I'd be able to use it until I'm off the treadmill? Has anyone used theirs on a treadmill without having to buy the foot pod???