Why this is happening?

Options
I check my blood suger twice a day usually it's normal in the morning between 80mg/dL- 90mg/dL and evening 110mg/dL-120mg/dL. Past two days in the morning my suger is 50mg/dL - 60mg/dL. Why this it's happening! Today at 7am was 56mg/dL

Replies

• btc1987
    btc1987 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    According to your diary yesterday you only ate ~500 calories. Maybe that's it?
  • _Meredith_
    _Meredith_ Posts: 10
    Options
    Hey Kinga,
    Blood sugar is running low because your intake is super low.
    I have experience hypoglycemia on numerous occasions. Key is to eat 5-6 small meals.
    I too am not taking in enough calories........work in progress
  • jaynalawayna
    jaynalawayna Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I didn't look at your diary but if you are at 500 calories - I agree you would benefit from a greater intake of calories. As a diabetic I need to be careful too - I generally eat a snack before bed that contains a carbohydrate as well as a protean component to sustain my levels during my sleep period
  • mactaffy84
    mactaffy84 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I don't think this website is the place to go to answer your question. Call your doctor!
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    According to your diary yesterday you only ate ~500 calories. Maybe that's it?
  • skruttan44
    skruttan44 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    not sure what the others are talking about, i see around 1000 cal a day.

But i do agree check with your doctor, and not here. Why are you checking your blood sugar level so much unless you are a diabetic?
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,024 Member
    Options
    50 - 60 ( or 5 - 6, depending which reading method you are using) is a quite normal morning fasting BSL - not understanding the concern there.

Someone asked if OP is diabetic - non- diabetics do not get BSL 's of 11 - 12.

OP, you need to be eating a healthy amount, far more than 500 calories per day.
    If your BSL's are not well controlled you need to review your treatment with your doctor.