Options
Hi,
My name is Felicia and i'm new here. I have decided to take steps towards getting healthy not only for myself, but for my kids. I have teen boys and I want to be able to hang with them physically and not get winded all the time.
I got a wake up call when I visited my doctor and I had a look at my medical record and she had given me a diagnosis of moderate obesity. I have finally accepted the fact and now I want to change it. I want to be able to go back into that office in a couple of months as a lighter me.
My son has begun to help me with exercise and helps keep me on track with my diet. I want to be around for them and set a good example as well.
I have tried other diets and had some success but eventually gained most if not all of the weight back. This time I am more focused and goal oriented than ever about getting in shape. I hope that by reading other people's success stories, I will be motivated to stay on track. Wish me luck!!

Felicia

Replies

• saj9291113
    Options
    Hi,
    My name is Felicia and i'm new here. I have decided to take steps towards getting healthy not only for myself, but for my kids. I have teen boys and I want to be able to hang with them physically and not get winded all the time.
    I got a wake up call when I visited my doctor and I had a look at my medical record and she had given me a diagnosis of moderate obesity. I have finally accepted the fact and now I want to change it. I want to be able to go back into that office in a couple of months as a lighter me.
    My son has begun to help me with exercise and helps keep me on track with my diet. I want to be around for them and set a good example as well.
    I have tried other diets and had some success but eventually gained most if not all of the weight back. This time I am more focused and goal oriented than ever about getting in shape. I hope that by reading other people's success stories, I will be motivated to stay on track. Wish me luck!!

Felicia

Welcome, there will be bumps in the road but dont let them get to you, just go over them and stay on the road
  • Felicstt
    Options
    Thanks for the words of motivation. I know it will not be easy, but hard work, determination and a kick in the butt from time to time should help out along the way.
  • wintervixen78
    wintervixen78 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Felicia

Hi and welcome,

You might like to join the Starting January thread. There's lots of us on there who started in January and you're very welcomed to join in.

Starting January 2011 Thread
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/146800-starting-january-2011

946094.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

q6OP.png