Energy boost

Options
I need some great ways to boost my energy naturally. I can't take any energy drinks or anything like that cause I am breast feeding my 1 month old. I have 4 kids and I'm normally a very energetic person but for some reason I am just exhausted all the time lately. Keeping up with the kids, and working out is starting to get really hard. Any one have any suggestions?

Replies

• dwarfer22
    dwarfer22 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    You should still be able to take vitamins tho in correct doses. I would say get some b12 for a start. Otherwise maybe get your iron checked. If you are very busy and not eating as best as you shoud be, (been there, done that) you may be slightly anemic. I can always tell when i get that way, I feel like I could nap the day away and don't wanna do anything. Take care of you. Even a daily multivitamin should perk you up a little bit.
  • Fit2_T
    Fit2_T Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I get a surge of energy when I eat 1/2 cup vanilla greek yogurt with fresh raspberries and blueberries.

Not sure this will help you as it does me, but it revs me up. Maybe more fruits and veggies will help?
  • skinnyclothes
    Options
    I'm still taking my pre-natals so I'm good on the vitamin part. I think I'll try the yogurt and berries. I have a doc appt. so I will also mention my energy and see if he wants to check my iron...Thank you ladies.
  • saj9291113
    Options
    I have 4 kids and I'm normally a very energetic person but for some reason I am just exhausted all the time lately.

Answer your own question. 4 kids and one of them a 1 month old is very challenging to getting rest. If you live near family see if someone can stop by every couple of days to "free you " to relax your mind and body. And when they do come over.. dont entertain them! Get some sleep, soak in a bath.... be selfish
  • skinnyclothes
    Options
    My hubby and I do take turns.. He is great at stepping in when I'm feeling worn out or need a break. I've been pumping instead of just strictly breast feeding so he is able to feed her. We both are lucky enough to have jobs where we can just work from home so he is able to help out. We do share 50/50 he he