Cayenne Pepper

Options
Hi all

I read that Cayenne can be great for Metabolism amongst a lot of other really good benefits.

I have started taking about 1/4tsp of this in the morning with lemon/ginger/honey with hot water using a cafetiere (this stops all the bits geting into your cup)I like spice but I will have to build up the amount that I am using, started with 1/2tsp and was nearly sick on the spot!!!!! :sick:

Has anyone else heard of this or anything like it that they could share. I need a really big kickstart and any tips would be much appreciated. :smile:

I am also drinking tomato juice with lemon, worcestershire sauce and tobasco before lunch and dinner as I have read that this helps to curb appetite!!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    I have heard that chillis have certain qualities - which is great if it's true as I eat tonnes of them! Not sure I'd eat one just for the sake of metabolism though.... seems daft to eat something you don't like!
  • honeygirlk
    Options
    A friend of mine used to do fasts that included Cayenne pepper, lemon, honey, hot water & something else... and did that for 7 days. I don't suggest it - it made her so moody... and very difficult to hang around - because of the lack of food in her body during that time period. But, she did it once every 3 months and it allowed her to keep her weight off. I will see if I can find out any information on including the Cayenne pepper as a daily thing and I will post here... But, I must admit - it is very difficult to constantly consume that... and I don't think you will ever get used to it. Please let me know how it all turns out.
  • JForbrizzio
    Options
    Masochist. You shouldn't curb your appetite by killing your tastebuds. Try a large glass of water before meals instead.
  • jgoff3003
    jgoff3003 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine used to do fasts that included Cayenne pepper, lemon, honey, hot water & something else... and did that for 7 days. I don't suggest it - it made her so moody... and very difficult to hang around - because of the lack of food in her body during that time period. But, she did it once every 3 months and it allowed her to keep her weight off. I will see if I can find out any information on including the Cayenne pepper as a daily thing and I will post here... But, I must admit - it is very difficult to constantly consume that... and I don't think you will ever get used to it. Please let me know how it all turns out.

I think what u are talking about is the lemon detox diet the other ingredient is something similar to maple syrup and they suggest u drink nothing but that combintation for a week along with a laxative tea and a large glass of salt water in the morning to open ur bowels.

I did it once and I was terribly sick I would vomit after every drink and would faint anf get quite irritable and had gastic upset for months afterwards, but saying that I have friends who it works wonders for!

I do have a glass of water before every meal about 5 mins before i eat and that helps make me feel full
  • Zumbalady808
    Options
    Yes what you are doing is a cleansing diet mixture, which will not be healthy for you at all. As the others suggest drink water!!!

You should be eating at least five times a day!!!!

Breakfast Wheat toast - 2 Egg Whites
    Snack - Yogurt or handful blue tortilla chips and salsa
    Lunch - Turkey Sandwich or A Big Salad (Tuna/Chicken if needed)
    Snack - Apple/1/2 Cup Cottage Cheese w/ fruit)
    Dinner - Anything Sensible
    Dessert - If you don't go over your calorie intake

So after you get over your initial adjustment of how you are eating you shouldn't be all that hungry, and if it gets to much to bear pop a piece of gum in your mouth, do some exercise that is a great appetite control, or you can also always have on hand a protein mix shake, like MYOPLEX, my favorite Slim Fast or the bars...

Let me know if this helps...
  • Alycyn1980
    Alycyn1980 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I perhaps should just have mentioned that I am only having this in the morning as a detox thing, I am not doing it as a permanent thing - I like food too much and feel sick if I have not eaten anything. I have heard of the maple syrup thing and I know a lot of celebs use that but that is all fine and well if you have not got a normal life to lead. I will keep checking back for facts.

Thanks all :-)
  • FlynSunshine
    Options
    They make cayenne pepper in pill form- MUCH easier than trying to drink with honey or something in the AM. each "pill" is about 1/2 tsp. I think. Make sure you eat on a full stomach or with a meal- or that puppy will leave your bellybutton burning :-)
  • Tinabeena73
    Options
    The nutritionist at my workplace repeatedly tells us that no food can help to increase metabolism. Only exercising can do that.
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Cayenne has only little effect on helping cleanse your system.