3 5ks and 2 straight years

Options
So this is my first Success Story posting.

Today was our 3rd 5k since April. They are getting easier! We are trying for 1 each month. So far, so good! Our first one on April 26th was a Color Run. May's was on May 24th, in my own town. And this one, today, June 7th was one where a cop car followed up the entire last half. I don't run them. I can't run them yet. But I FINISH them. I cry. I feel like I will throw up. I say too many times to count that I want to quit. But my awesome husband is there next to me telling we have to finish.

And my next little success. Today is ALSO 2 straight years of me and my husband dancing each day to Dance Central on Xbox 360. We have not missed a single day. Even with life handing us more than 1 excuse to quit we didn't. When the index hit 115, we didn't quit. When we decided to move, we still somehow kept going. Even when we were not feeling 100% or falling asleep, we still danced. When my dad passed away last year, we still danced. We danced even more then.

I still have a long way to go in my weight loss journey but I feel even little successes like this matter!

Next 5k: July 6th!

Replies

• crysy1
    crysy1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Great Job! My goal is to do one 5k this year! be proud, slowly but surely you are doing it and doing it well! congrats and keep up the great work!
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Rock on!!! I love hearing about your 5Ks and am so impressed with your dancing every day :D Definitely a success story!
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    YAY!! Great job!!!!!
  • lisabinco
    lisabinco Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Great story! I am very impressed that you have literally danced every day. That's a lot of dancing. Good for you. (I like your profile story, too.)
    Thanks for some much needed inspiration!
  • geminside
    geminside Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Congrats! :flowerforyou:

Your story has made me look into "Color me Rad". I found out that there are 5K's fairly close to where I live. The closest one would be end of this month which will be too soon for me (just finished week 2 of C25K). The next one is end of July, that might just be possible...

Who knows... I might just sign up for that one... If I do it will be my first 5K EVER!!! :happy:

Thank you for the inspiration ElizabethObvi!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!