Rihanna's body

Options
Is her body that way because she works out or because she has low body fat ? I want a figure like this, not super muscular but just firm and slim. Will cardio and calorie deficit diet give me that look?

Replies

• PinkCupcakes84
    PinkCupcakes84 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Innnnnnn
  • adioschubs
    adioschubs Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Probably not. I would suggest doing the above plus some strength work to get that look. Genetics definitely plays a role though. Frame, natural body shape, height, etc. can affect how you look. :smile:
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    google her and see what she does.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Is her body that way because she works out or because she has low body fat ? I want a figure like this, not super muscular but just firm and slim. Will cardio and calorie deficit diet give me that look?

Given that she has a rigorous tour schedule, probably a personal chef, personal trainer, ect....I'd say that's what got her that body.
    You can get toned though strength training, and lose weight through a calorie deficit.
  • watermillion
    watermillion Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I did google her and not really sure what she does. I saw a photo of her on an elliptical.
  • watermillion
    Options

Given that she has a rigorous tour schedule, probably a personal chef, personal trainer, ect....I'd say that's what got her that body.
    You can get toned though strength training, and lose weight through a calorie deficit.
    I got down to 145lb and was a size 6 yet my thighs were still full of cellulite and excess fat. I was doing squats and working with weights the gym regularly. Would I have needed to lose an additional 15 lbs to have smooth firm thighs like Rihanna? I'm looking at her legs and she has very little cellulite
  • KylaDenay
    Options
    I did google her and not really sure what she does. I saw a photo of her on an elliptical.

Yeah actually I did the same thing some time ago and now remember it doesn't really say anything about her. I don't think she works out as heard in the gym as she does on the dance floor or touring. I think as the above mentioned a personal chef, personal trainer and genetics all play a big part in her life. I would think that a lot of it is also from dancing.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options

I got down to 145lb and was a size 6 yet my thighs were still full of cellulite and excess fat. I was doing squats and working with weights the gym regularly. Would I have needed to lose an additional 15 lbs to have smooth firm thighs like Rihanna? I'm looking at her legs and she has very little cellulite

You can still continue at a deficit if you have excess fat. You can't spot reduce, but you can continue to lose overall body fat.
    If you have specific goals in mind, it could be beneficial to get a personal trainer to learn exercises to best meet your goals.
  • KylaDenay
    Options

In regards to the cellulite she is simply lucky :)... just stick with a deficit and incorporate strength training. Keep at it and hopefully your cellulite will become less visible. I don't think you can get rid of cellulite, but just reduce the appearance by good old deficit and exercise.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    She does the strictly cardio and photoshop routine. Rihanna is young and looks good, but if you want to look like her, do cardio, and get a good photographer.

Her personal trainer says she runs on a treadmill about 30 minutes 5 days a week.
  • nedtoloseme
    nedtoloseme Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    To be honest, unless you have Ri Ri's money, you can't do what she does. It's probably the same combination most people on mfp do. Also know that while Rihanna has a nice body some of those pictures are touched up. I'm sure look beautiful & will look better when you get to you goal - if you are not there now.
  • watermillion
    Options
    She does the strictly cardio and photoshop routine. Rihanna is young and looks good, but if you want to look like her, do cardio, and get a good photographer.

Her personal trainer says she runs on a treadmill about 30 minutes 5 days a week.
    That's all? That doesn't sound too hard. It seems pretty doable
    To be honest, unless you have Ri Ri's money, you can't do what she does.

Why not? I really want to look like her.
  • pandabear_
    pandabear_ Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    She does the strictly cardio and photoshop routine.

I agree...

She probably does have some cellulite, but photoshop works wonders.
  • KylaDenay
    Options

To be honest, unless you have Ri Ri's money, you can't do what she does.

Why not? I really want to look like her.

Work on looking like a better YOU! Not some celebrity that is forced to maintain their figure by contract and can afford a trainer, chef and all the above. All you need to do is become fit. Eat in a deficit, strength train and cardio. Keep at it and you will look fantastic.

We all have someone that we idol body wise, but we all have our own body types.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    She does the strictly cardio and photoshop routine.

I agree...

She probably does have some cellulite, but photoshop works wonders.

She performed for the VS show last year and she does have cellulite. She's still beautiful with it, though. If she did more exercise, can you imagine how awesome her body would be?
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options

Okay, but here's the thing: the reason that routine works for her is because of her age, genetics, metabolism, her current level of activity, her diet and a countless other number of factors. You have YOUR body and no one else's. That's why diet and exercise are so variable for different people. You may do really well on one type of diet and someone else may fail miserably. She is way young and is burning calories like a 20 something year old can. Can't do that when you're older. Your body changes, ain't no way around that.

So what I'm saying is: 30 minutes 5 days a week might work for her, but don't expect that doing the same thing is going to yield you the same results.
  • watermillion
    Options

Okay, but here's the thing: the reason that routine works for her is because of her age, genetics, metabolism, her current level of activity, her diet and a countless other number of factors. You have YOUR body and no one else's. That's why diet and exercise are so variable for different people. You may do really well on one type of diet and someone else may fail miserably. She is way young and is burning calories like a 20 something year old can. Can't do that when you're older. Your body changes, ain't no way around that.

So what I'm saying is: 30 minutes 5 days a week might work for her, but don't expect that doing the same thing is going to yield you the same results.
    Rihanna and I are around the same age. I just liked her figure and thought I could achieve one like hers through the right diet and exercise. That's all. No need in putting me down like that. She's also almost 30 so she's not a teenager or anything
  • KylaDenay
    Options

Rihanna and I are around the same age. I just liked her figure and thought I could achieve one like hers through the right diet and exercise. That's all. No need in putting me down like that. She's also almost 30 so she's not a teenager or anything

No one is trying to put you down. I think she is simply stating that what works for her may not work for you, as you are 2 different persons.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    You kind of sound like a 12 year old girl trying to be someone who you are not. Lets step out of your fantasy world and realize that Rihanna's only job is to look good, when she is not singing. Be a better you, not a replica of a celebrity.
  • shapefitter
    shapefitter Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    You kind of sound like a 12 year old girl trying to be someone who you are not. Lets step out of your fantasy world and realize that Rihanna's only job is to look good, when she is not singing. Be a better you, not a replica of a celebrity.

I want the body I had when I was 19 years old, but that's not going to happen. Realistically, I can aim for the body I had five years ago.