Is this crazy or am I onto something?

Replies

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,371 Member
    You are male? Are tall are you and what is your current weight? I wouldn't think 1200cals is sufficient for a male.
  • md7356
    md7356 Posts: 8
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    "Crazy" is too strong a word, but I'm going to go with "not on to something." I personally believe you'll be better off if you can figure out a way to eat that gives you the necessary nutrients and calorie levels but still lets you enjoy eating in a style that will fit your life for the long term. That comes down to, IMHO, portion control, recognizing you can't always have what you most want at that particular moment, and, discipline. That does not come down to some fixed daily menu that is comprised in large part of shakes and smoothies.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    You are definitely not " on to something "....
    You decide the rest.....:o).
  • md7356
    md7356 Posts: 8
  • Cortelli
    Like I said, I was doing well until I got obsessive and depressed. I cooked most of my own meals with whole foods. But after multiple events in my life happened, I just had no motivation, no energy, and no desire to cook. So I ate junk all day long, most days with over 2000 calories and steadily gaining weight.

I feel like this will allow me to know exactly what I'm eating, fits into my schedule, and I don't have to think about it. My plan, like I said earlier, is to start replacing the TV dinners with home-cooked meals. After that, I'll decide which smoothie to replace with another home-cooked meal. I think I would still like to keep the green smoothie either as breakfast or dinner in the long run. The snacks will also probably stay the same.

So, regardless of the feedback, you are convinced that you are "on to something"? What are you going to do when out and about with some friends and no one has raw almonds for your snack when you're feeling hungry?

I cook at home a lot (though not so much lately) - but have *never* eaten all my meals at home from whole foods only. And I very much like going out and having restaurant food, being social, etc. -- that is a very important part of my life. I believed (and believe) I need to make my diet work around my overall lifestyle, not radically alter my lifestyle to accommodate a diet.

This whole weight loss / maintenance thing isn't a choice between (1) religiously cooking all your own meals from exclusively whole foods, or (2) eating "junk" all day long and at a significant surplus to boot. There's a pretty wide middle ground somewhere in there. Not sure why you're not seeing it. I encourage you to explore that middle ground; you might like what you find.
  • Cortelli
    Hey man - I see you deleted all your posts. I hope my last reply was not the reason. Not trying to bag on you at all - just trying to provide some honest feedback. Good luck to you whatever you decide to do. :flowerforyou: