bad habit weekened. need help

Options
I have been doing so great at eating well and exercising!

However, saturday when I got home from work at 4 pm that all went down hill really quick. First I had a snack then another and then a few more. Next we went out for dinner ...tortilla chips white cheese dip salsa, a chimichanga refried beans and rice...at least I had water not a margarita. Then at home I had a skinny cow treat. And no exercise ...usua@lly I exercise every day.

This morning I thought was a new day so I had a healthy breakfast. Oatmeal half an apple cinnamon and water. But then I made meals for my husband to take to work for the week and brownies for his co worker. I just sampled everything and grabbed small snacks here and there. Luckily I made a healthy veggie soup for me to have for the week and sugar free jello.

Then I had to give a tour at work and had a tray of goodies for the kids and I had a delicious mocha cake...it was so good. Then I came home, cleaned and snakced. I had a healthy dinner, even though I wasn't hungry I ate it. .then a skinny cow treat for dessert. Now I am so upset for my poor choices im dreading the hunger pains I will have at work tomorrow. But im trying to tell myself I've been so good for so long and this week I will just exercise harder and eat better...as of this morning I was up 3 pounds and am just really down about everything.

How much damage have I done to my current work??

How to I avoid more weekeneds like this one?

Replies

• sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    You will have these weekends only because you are human. Tomorrow is another day start again Good Luck
  • CarterGrt
    CarterGrt Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I doubt you are up 3 lbs after a few bad days. I think that will average out over time and is more likely a normal fluctuation. I have had my share of bad days. Some of them by choice and others by not knowing until afterward that I was eating something way higher in calories than I thought. The only thing to do is forgive yourself, dust yourself off, and get on with a new day.

Don't fret about it and nothing has been done that can't be undone.

Good luck!!!

--Carter
  • qkiley
    qkiley Posts: 65
    Options
    Hey, don't worry about it to much. I myself have had those days. The best thing about MFP is it makes you aware of those days so that you can keep them to a minimum. Just focus on getting back on track.

What might help in the future is to have a treat figured into your daily goals. By having something small everyday, it keeps me from getting in over my head when my roomates breakout their ice cream.

You are doing great, keep up the hard work! If it were easy, everyone would do it!
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    Your weight will fluctuate 3 pounds under normal conditions...don't sweat this. You learned something about yourself is all. When Thomas Edison was asked about his 1000 failures to invent the lightbulb, he replied, " I didn't fail, I've found 1000 ways that didn't work."

Step 1. Weigh yourself ONCE A WEEK, on the same day at the same time of day. Morning is best when you haven't eaten too much yet.
    Step 2. When you go shopping, start buying more items in their natural state. (or at least frozen) At the store, think to yourself, "Is this what it looked like when it came out of the field?" If it's in a can, then the answer would be NO.
    Just work on these two simple things and you will start thinking better food and your anxiety about your weight will go down. Good Luck and by all means friend as many people as you can. All the support you could possibly need.
  • mynameisdumbnuts
    Options
    We all fall off the wagon (I did at New Year's).

Was there a trigger for your weekend? Did you have a particularly stressful workweek (or personal week) and ate to unwind? Is it related to PMS? If you can identify something out of the ordinary, you can at least try to avoid that trigger in the future.

But sometimes, you just get snacky and cave in. As others have said, dust yourself off and keep going. You've taken lots of steps forward, so don't dwell too much on the step you took back.
  • fattydarren
    Options
    im in a similar situation.

I was good all week last week, but went out for a boys day of drinking yesterday as the football was on.....

Met up at 11am for a cafe full english breakfast, then large volumes of lager, got home and had a burrito (sp?) and a galaxy chocolate bar.....

1000 calories for breakfast.....
    1332 calories on beer alone!!!!!

And now today im soooooooo hungry..... i just want to eat goodies, and im trying my hardest not too.... but I just cant feel full....and im off work so its even harder.

I know I will be ok Tue, im back in work and will be occupied, but im struggling to get through today
  • runningneo122
    Options
    Ooops double post somehow. Wave hand over laptop mousepad, I guess.....
  • runningneo122
    Options
    im in a similar situation.

I was good all week last week, but went out for a boys day of drinking yesterday as the football was on.....

Met up at 11am for a cafe full english breakfast, then large volumes of lager, got home and had a burrito (sp?) and a galaxy chocolate bar.....

1000 calories for breakfast.....
    1332 calories on beer alone!!!!!

And now today im soooooooo hungry..... i just want to eat goodies, and im trying my hardest not too.... but I just cant feel full....and im off work so its even harder.

I know I will be ok Tue, im back in work and will be occupied, but im struggling to get through today

sp?? Correct

No problem with going hog wild. Your hunger is from the insulin spike and resultant crash.

Suggestion: Negative calorie foods and a portion of protein w/ every meal.

NCFs are foods that take the body more calories to burn digesting them than they contain. Celery, pickles, grapefruit...

Protein shake or powder drink, chicken breast, turkey breast, fish or shellfish(if you're not allergic)