Just starting my journey...need to lose 100+

Options
Hello everyone. I am 5' 4" and don't have one memory of not being overweight. I got married a year ago to an athletic man who loved me for me but in that year I found myself gaining more and more weight. I topped out at 322 and finally decided enough is enough! I cant stand watching my new family from the sideline doing all these things It's been a month now and I've lost 22.5lbs. Could use some friends going through or have gone through the same experiences. Looking forward to meeting you all :)

Replies

• Em05us
    Em05us Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I am well over 340 lots to lose! I am 26 and have no memory of not being overweight as well. I succeeded in losing 70 lbs last year and then I got pregnant and lost control of my weight again. I have 3 children and I am ready to focus on getting myself healthy so I can be there for them. Add me if you would like
  • groomsmom822
    Options
    Hi I have 100+ pounds to lose as well. I have been overweight since I was around 9. I know the struggle. I'm just getting started but I'm very motivated and hoping to get and give support and motivation along the way. Anyone can add me :) Renee
  • nickyorr1
    nickyorr1 Posts: 2
    Options
    I have been well over weight by over 100 pounds since the 1990s. I had once slight success at losing when my husband and I were having some difficulties and lost 120 pounds in about 6-7 months. I did this by fanatic exercise and little eating. When we got back together I immediately gained all that weight back plus more. Its been twelve year since then. I started dieting again in January and did well in the beginning by the first of March I had lost about 35 pounds. But since its like I cant seem to do it. I start each day with a strong determination but it soon ends the minute I come home from work. I cheat even one bite of something I feel is bad for me and I cant seem to stop. I haven't gained anything back YET but if I cant get back on track I will plus more. I have a 10 year old still at home and a 2 year old grandbaby that I want to be there for. I want to play and run and spend the quality time they deserve. I want to ride those theme park rides that my daughter wants me to but cant fit. That I missed out on with my older kids. I want to live. I don't understand what in my head is holding me back!!! I would love to walk this walk with someone who understands what it is like. To help each other!! :ohwell:
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I also have 100+ to lose (closer to 200 actually). I also don't remember NOT being overweight. Right now, I'm down 19.5 pounds since I started. Which is more than I've ever managed to lose in my life. It's not easy, but my mantra is "I can do hard things." Good luck in your journey. Feel free to add me if you'd like.