Any Newly Pregnant Moms This New Year?

Options
:tongue: Want to Gain As Little Weight As Possible These Next 9 Months?

Hi everyone ~ Just found out baby #2 is on his or her way... We're due September 16th, 2011. We have an 8 month old son right now. The babies will be 17 months apart.

Just got my pre-pregnancy body back and I'm ready to go through it all again. This time I vow to maintain my current level of exercise (active) and eat right (no desserts, well at least not EVERY night!). I gained 54 pounds last pregnancy and it took me 5 months to lose it thanks to working out HARD 6 days a week. This time around, I'd really love for it to be a little less to lose this time.

Any support would be great! Join in.

Replies

• pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Options
    Oh my gosh-close. Congrats!!! I have 3 girls and just had a baby, she is 4 months old-hopefully my last!!!
  • alisons7598
    alisons7598 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Congrats! My son and daughter are 18 months apart. It's hard but SO worth it:)
  • ebkins7
    ebkins7 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!! Sure wish I was there with ya! but in time I guess!

WebMD says that 25-35 lbs gained during pregnancy is healthy. I personnally wouldn't say "gain as little as possible" just strive to keep it within the healthy limits and you should be ok, the weight gain is to help support and provide nutrients to your little one!

Here's what they say the breakdown would look like!

Baby 8 pounds
    Placenta 2-3 pounds
    Amniotic fluid 2-3 pounds
    Breast tissue 2-3 pounds
    Blood supply 4 pounds
    Fat stores for delivery and breastfeeding 5-9 pounds
    Uterus increase 2-5 pounds
    Total 25 to 35 pounds

Best of luck! And again congratulations!
  • smilegirl
    smilegirl Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I too am expecting. Currently at 7 weeks, so haven't really announced it to anyone. I am 37 and this is our first child. My goal is to maintain my healthy lifestyle and only gain the necessary weight. We'll have to see how it goes!

I've not been really active on the message boards, but would be happy to join you! (we're almost neighbors too - I live in Seattle)
  • AmyMooreOrLess
    AmyMooreOrLess Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the support everyone! It's great to have it.

ebkins7 - You're absolutely right! I meant within the healthiest weight range for baby. Last time I went a little overboard. 35-40 pounds this time around should be more than sufficient.

smilegirl - Congrats! Glad to be in the same boat as you, neighbor. Good luck with your pregnancy. Hope we can help each other as we go along.
  • skinnyclothes
    Options
    I know how you feel I have a 1 month old and she has an older sister who is 15 months older. It is hard when they are close together but very much worth it. I gained the most weight with my oldest and my youngest. The 2 in the middle not a lot of gain but I was/am big to start with. Just make sure your eating right and drinking plenty of water. A light workout or if you can do prenatal yoga that is great. Good luck with your pregnancy may it go by smoothly for you.
  • AmyMooreOrLess
    Options
    Appreciate it skinnyclothes! Thank you so much.
  • AmyMooreOrLess
    Options
    So far so good! Been keeping up with my 30 Day Shred workouts. Just feeling a little tired... No nausea (I'm sure it'll come...).