To Peanut Butter Addicts

Options
Whoopsiezz
Whoopsiezz Posts: 8 Member
I love peanut butter but need to be careful about how much of it I eat since it is so calorically dense. It is torture having to deal with the dilemma of either spreading it out too thin or eating too much. I've found a mixture that I LOVE using as a substitute to straight peanut butter that works well for my macros and allows me to smear it on thick. I use it for my fix of peanut butter on things like toast & PBJs. It's super simple and takes 30 seconds tops to make.

Protein Paste:
3 TBSP Skim Milk (add more if you want it to be less thick)
1 TBSP/16 grams Peanut Butter (I use Old Home - All Natural Creamy Peanut Butter)
1 Scoop/18 grams protein powder (I use Naturade Total Soy Meal Replacement Chocolate, yours will have higher protein if you use a regular protein powder instead of meal replacement powder))
Just mix it up and smear it over anything you want!

178 cal/15 g carbs/10g fat/13g protein/170 mg sodium/6g sugar

To give you an idea of how much the above yields I put it on two pieces of toast spread this thickly (only one pictured, I devoured the other piece already).

383f9af2-ec1f-4945-aade-e89f7f4249da_zpsa3740241.jpg

Replies

• FitMolly182
    FitMolly182 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • williehot
    williehot Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm a peanut butter-colic and i have to say that the thing i did to improve my intake of peanut butter was switch to PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter. It has 85% less calories and you add water to it. Takes a while to get used to the taste though.
  • Whoopsiezz
    Whoopsiezz Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm a peanut butter-colic and i have to say that the thing i did to improve my intake of peanut butter was switch to PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter. It has 85% less calories and you add water to it. Takes a while to get used to the taste though.

Yeah I'm peronsally not a big fan of PB2, especially the texture. Everyone is entitled to their own particular tastes though!
  • cwoyto123
    cwoyto123 Posts: 308
    Options
    Haha I bought a jar of peanut butter a day or two ago and it's gone ;(
  • RottieLovie
    RottieLovie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It was suggested that I try the PB2, I was hesitant. When I finally tried it, I just put it on a cracker as a test, and was rather impressed. Once I added a drop of honey, it was wonderful! I am really happy to have it as a PB replacement.
  • pippadeedippity
    pippadeedippity Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Recently discovered PB2 and love it! I don't mind the texture/consistency and put it on a rice cake or I'll add it to oatmeal or pudding!:smile:
  • Sie_Con
    Sie_Con Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    There's also a brand called Better N' Peanut Butter and it has about half the calories as regular. It's normal texture, not like PB2, and they also have a bunch of flavored kinds. I like it! I think I got it at Trader Joe's
  • Debssssssssss
    Debssssssssss Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Im totally addicted to almond peanut butter. Have got some pb2, still cant get used to the taste.
  • raw_meal
    raw_meal Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Nice
  • 1PoisonIvy
    1PoisonIvy Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    HEB, a local grocery store, has a machine in which you can grind roasted peanuts, no sugar or added salt....not as creamy but true pure peanut butter,
    they also carry almonds, and for those that want sweet they have honey roasted peanuts too
  • Muzica1959
    Muzica1959 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I just make my own pb. I put peanuts in the food processor and process until it is the consistency I like. Put it in a jar and store in fridge. Of course, you could add salt and sweetener if you like but I'm fine with it just being peanuts.

I haven't heard of PB2 before.
  • suefromgrays
    suefromgrays Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Awh that looks really good :-)