the motivation behind changing my life

Options
I am on a bowling league and last week I was sitting at the table eating a cheeseburger when one of the guys on my team said " Ashley no wonder your such a fat a** . I could not believe that someone could and or would be so rude. It really hurt my feelings. When I got home that night I looked at some old pics. 5 years ago I weighed 115. I got pregnant and gained about 60. After I had my son I lost most of the weight but slowly gained a lot of it back. . Since then I guess I have just been in denial that I was a fat a** and even though his comment was very rude and hurtful I can appreciate it . It's the truth and I obviously needed an eye opener . After that night I decided my life is gonna be different from then on.

Replies

• princessmikayla5
    princessmikayla5 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    What a horrible thing for him to say! Apparently no one taught him manners. But anyway, glad you are here!
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    it may have been an eye opener, but it was rude and ignorant none the less. I can't believe a team member of yours would say that. im glad you have been motivated and if you need a friend go ahead and friend me. we will encourage each other.
  • mamacremers
    mamacremers Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I feel for you. My motivation was when an idiot at work made a comment I was pregnant. I was 8 months post-partum and so completely NOT pregnant.
  • camapear
    Options
    I'm glad you're motivated and that you're here! I'm here if you'd like a friend. :)

The story you just told wow, I don't know how I would have handled it so I applaud you for coming here, it is an awesome place.
  • NatalieBrooke88
    NatalieBrooke88 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I am SO sorry to hear that. People can be real jerks at other expense. His words were NOT truthful. You were beautiful then, you are beautiful now, and you will always be beautiful.

Let his words fuel your exercise.. I have had many people say many hateful things to me and I release the anger while I am working out. It is great!

Also, completely drop this friend out of your life. He sounds like a real pathetic jerk off.
  • mdsouza84
    Options
    Wow, it is amazing that your own team member said something that rude. Anyway, just as Natalie said, let his words fuel your exercise. Working out is probably one of the best ways of dealing with anger and stress, at least for me. I am really eager to hit the gym but I am working for a university and the work this week is crazy because of the start of the spring semester. However, next week I am going to hit the gym and use some fitness games on my wii too. I already started my calorie count and have been under my calorie goal since the last few days.

Good luck with your weight loss.
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ!! What a JERK! That ticks me off.
  • AshleyB1183
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your kind words. I am so glad I found this website. I have only been on here since last night and I already love it. Everyone is so encouraging and friendly ,
    This man was not a friend unfortunately my friends and I were paired with him because we had couldn't have an all girl team, but believe me I went off on him and told him how rude and disrespectful he is. it made him so uncomfortable that he went and sat at a diff table. I don't think he will come back around till it's his turn to bowl.

His words are def the fuel for my exercise.