I need opinions please (pics included)

Options
I am not sure if everyone is like this or not but I have a hard time telling when I "look" ok. When I was 30lbs heavier there were days when I would tell myself that I was ok with my weight and where I was. I use to weigh 120lbs so saying I was comfortable at 170lbs now seems mind boggling. My goal weight was 130lbs and I lowered it to 125 to allow room for fluctuation and give myself the motivation to work hard. I took a couple pics today to start off the new year, I find having pictures helps me to really see how I am doing and what I truly look like.

I would like to get other peoples opinions. I don't know any of you so you can't hurt my feelings but I need honesty. I don't have that much to lose at this point (18lbs) but I actually think I looked "ok" in the pics.

Looking at the pics can I stand to lose the 18lbs? I am 5'5" and currently 143lbs. Looking back to when I was 120 I did look a bit sickly but then again i was sick so it is hard to say if it was the weight or the sickness.

Please, I beg you to be honest. I don't want a pat on the back and a your fine unless of course that is how you truly feel. I can totally take negative feedback and will use it to keep me motivated.

Thanks for your help :flowerforyou:

IMG_3618.jpgIMG_3617.jpg
IMG_3619.jpg

Replies

• music4rach
    Options
    I think you look great! Especially being a mom of 2... I think you should aim for a goal that you feel comfortable with, but I dont think that you NEED to lose anymore weight... if you want to, to feel comfortable with yourself, then thats your call... but you don't look heavy at all to me... You look great!
    ~Rachel
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Thanks. It is sometimes really hard for me to see me if that makes sense. This is my before and after from last year when I first start MFP to September I think. It went downhill in October and I am just getting back into it now.

beforeandcurrent.jpg
  • DoralisM
    Options
    I'm also looking to loose 18lbs... I think u can do it, especially with this website. There's LOTS of friends that can give u the motivation. I think u would look great at 125lbs so keep up the good work!:flowerforyou:
  • Lulu2929
    Options
    I think you look great. Focus on whether you feel good at your current weight. If you feel good then I'd say go for it because you don't look like you need to lose any more weight. If you'd feel better with a little more weight loss that is up to you do what feel good to you don't go by a number on a scale. We are all different and have different fat/muscle ratios. You look fabulous.
  • skinnyclothes
    Options
    I think you look gorgeous! A great motivation to me as well. I was 120 when I met my hubby and now 4 kids later a lot heavier. I've set my goal weight at 130. You look perfect I agree stay where you are now. I don't think you need to lose anymore either.
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    First, I'm definately not trying to be rude. I think your tummy could be toned just a little bit. You look really great all around, though! I'd be glad to weigh that much again. But congratulations on the weight loss!
  • linzismith
    linzismith Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    You certainly look good, especially for a mother. Right now you appear to be at a normal healthy weight. But I can also see how you think that you have a little more to lose, maybe "normal" is not your goal, maybe "fantastic" is your goal. I think about 10 pounds more would be good. I don't think you quite have 18 extra pounds on you.
  • xxjessikatxx
    Options
    You look great !!!But do what makes you feel best..Id still go to lose 10 more pounds i dont think you need to lose 18..But like i said do what make you feel happy..Goodluck girl!
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    You look great & I wish I looked like that!!!
  • jenn50
    jenn50 Posts: 81
    Options
    personally think you look great. if you want to lose ok but you don't look like you need to.
  • jessimacar
    Options
    I agree with many others.. I doubt there are 18lbs on you to lose, but maybe losing a few more would look nice. I think toning should be your main concern.. You look fantastic and skinny, now you just need to decide how toned you want to look. :) I think your body is beautiful!
  • dwarfer22
    dwarfer22 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    You do look great, and I am not trying to pat you on the back. I would say, if you feel you need to lose but are unsure of how much, why not change your goal. Shoot for 5lbs, take some pics, analize, and see if you want to set another target. Why lock yourself into 18lbs when you are not sure that is where you want to be. Break it down. Plus it gives you more than one opportunity to celebrate a victory. Good luck!
  • antipholous
    Options
    When you look "Okay," is up to you. However, if you want to go on medical body weight charts, that's another thing.

Your idea body weight (I put in your age as 25, your real age could change these numbers slightly) is between 114 and 145 pounds. So if you look at the medical recommendation, you're at the top end of your recommended weight. If you stay where you are, or close to it, for the rest of your life, you will have no added risk of health complications due to weight related issues.

As far as looks go, you look great to me. But in the end it depends on what you think, and how hard you're willing to work to achieve those goals.
  • littlemoron
    littlemoron Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. Seriously, losing weight is hard work - if you don't WANT to lost anymore weight, but feel like you SHOULD because you're not sure if you look "ok" to other people, rest assured, you look ok :smile:

(Honestly, I think we spend too much time wondering what other people think. I think if you feel good about yourself and are more or less satisfied with your life - whether you're 120lbs or 170lbs or 250lbs or whatever - then who cares what other people think, right?)

:flowerforyou:

littlemoron
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    First, I'm definately not trying to be rude. I think your tummy could be toned just a little bit. You look really great all around, though! I'd be glad to weigh that much again. But congratulations on the weight loss!

I don't think it is rude at all I totally want honesty and know I need to get toned.

18lbs is me just getting down to 125. I am probably ok at 130 but the bigger the goal seems the more motivated I am. When I see I only have 10lbs to lose it just doesn't have the same affect as the 18lbs :wink: That part is all in my head but it is my way around it...lol.

I appreciate all the feedback, I do. I can always count on my extended MFP family :heart:

The problem I have is I don't always know what ok is. Sure I feel good and have worked hard and if I stayed at this weight forever I am sure all would be well. However just because I think it is ok doesn't make it so. I mean my image of me is distorted. When I look back at my before and after pics I am like seriously that is how I looked? Really? I convinced myself THAT was ok. I have a picture of myself from just before I had my second child and at that moment I was not happy with my weight however looking back at that same picture now I am like damn I looked pretty good. So I just can't see it yet and that is why I posted. I just needed some fresh eyes with no reason to lie :smile:
  • ObviousIndigo
    ObviousIndigo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    My opinion is stop looking at the scale and totally focus on toning. I think you have reached a size that is appropriate for you but toning would make you look even better. I think you would be much happier with a toned body than a too thin body:) I hope this helps.
  • fitoverfifty
    fitoverfifty Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    You look very nice, but if you used to weigh 120 pounds you probably won't be happy untill you are back at that weight.

You carry the weight on your stomach ( like most people) and most likely won't feel good about yourself untill your tummy is flat.

I'm in the same boat......when you're used to being thin, any amount of fat feels awkward.

As long as 120 is a healthy weight for you, I would try to get back to that weight.
  • TarynV
    TarynV Posts: 15
    Options
    I think you look amazing!!! I don't think you need to lose anymore at all. I'd work on toning now instead of focusing on the scale. WTG!!!
  • sherbert0705
    Options
    You look better then me darling!!! Keep up the good work :) xxxx