Getting back on track. Would like some friends!

I've been on here a few years and stopped using the site in Jan 2013 when I found out I was expecting. My new son is now 9 months old and I think it's time to let go of the excuse that I just had a baby. I need to drop 28 pounds. Sounds simple enough.

Catch is.... I had heart surgery 2 months ago and can't exercise. It will take 3-6 months for my heart to heal. However I can do a small amount of slow paced walking. So that means that food is going to be the main catalyst for my weight loss. Posting pictures of everything I eat via Instagram has been a great way to really look at what I'm putting into my body.

I really don't know what else to say. It would just be nice to see someone in my feed other than myself. :)

Replies

• spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Welcome!

I had some heart issues for a couple of years that prevented me from getting much physical activity, and subsequently gained weight. I fixed a lot of what was wrong with my heart through nutrition, and then was able to get out of bed (pretty literally) & start exercising beginning of last year. Feel free to add me! My diary is open to friends also. :)
  • shireeniebeanie
    shireeniebeanie Posts: 293 Member
    You've got it, girl!
    I'm a little addicted to this site/app, which is better than all the Candy Crush I was playing before. LOL!
  • Amy3935
    Amy3935 Posts: 94 Member
    Welcome! Feel free to add me. I have quite a bit more to lose than 28 pounds, but I'm sticking to it and you'll see me around here pretty often!
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Happy healing to ya! I'm glad you are ok! And Congratualtions on the birth of your son!
  • debbiezag
    debbiezag Posts: 32 Member
    You can add me as well- I understand the need to see others on your feed than yourself-. I'm on every day and log everything- as my son is 2, I can't use the excuse of just having a baby either lol
  • blue696
    blue696 Posts: 94 Member
    feel free to add me! I am pretty good about logging most days, and am happy to help support you!
  • kp1439
    kp1439 Posts: 343 Member
    sure i am in ...
  • plantbasedbreezy
    plantbasedbreezy Posts: 33 Member
    Thanks everyone! It's incredibly nice to see other people working hard to achieve their goals! Gives me a ton of motivation and inspiration!