Garcinia cambogia

Options
Has anyone used this supplement? I saw that it is Dr. Oz approved. I am always skeptical, but, if it works I would be willing to try it.

Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    I saw that it is Dr. Oz approved.

That should be a red flag right there lol. Dr. Oz is the biggest joke to medicine and nutrition that I've ever seen. Something being approved by him means absolutely nothing. Waste your money if you want, that's your prerogative. If you want to lose weight, burn more calories than you eat every day, that's the only way to do it aside from liposuction...
  • kethry70
    kethry70 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I saw that it is Dr. Oz approved.

That should be a red flag right there lol. Dr. Oz is the biggest joke to medicine and nutrition that I've ever seen. Something being approved by him means absolutely nothing. Waste your money if you want, that's your prerogative. If you want to lose weight, burn more calories than you eat every day, that's the only way to do it aside from liposuction...

QFT. Eat less than you burn and you will lose - and you can do that for free :wink:
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    If Dr. Oz tells you to do something, do the exact opposite of what he tells you to do.

MFP is free. MFP can help you get lasting results.
    Dr. Oz promotes products he has a financial interest in. He doesn't care if they aren't FDA approved, or are useless. Anything to make a dollar.
  • mjedy16
    mjedy16 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Haha! I agree with all of you! I was just hoping there was a "magic pill." Good old exercise and nutrition it is, darn it! :)
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    ...Why do people think Dr.Oz is credible still? He is a salesman. He makes commission on the idiocy of viewers.
  • TminusFitnessN321
    TminusFitnessN321 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    It's a waste of money!!
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    ...Why do people think Dr.Oz is credible still? He is a salesman. He makes commission on the idiocy of viewers.

He should use that money to invest in a better hair stylist.
  • mjedy16
    Options
    :laugh:

Very true!
  • mjedy16
    Options
    Ugh, now I feel stupid! I know that stuff doesn't work! I did not do well on Friday and Saturday with staying anywhere close to my calorie goal. I mean I went to a festival called, The Taste of Syracuse AND had beers. Ugh. I had a desperate moment people lol. Give me a break :smile:
  • cychogal
    cychogal Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have done it too. I know better. I really do. And it usually happens when I have had a bad day, or week, or month, that I can see some of these gimmicks and almost fall for them.
    Good for you for asking here first, where people are sure to set us straight when we get our head turned by the latest greatest magic weight loss gimmick.
    I love the honest , no nonsense approach taken by the majority of the people here.
  • emismiliz
    emismiliz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    @mjedy16 i get it and don't feel bad i actually used it! my friend had it and i wanted to try it. Not sure of the one that dr. oz said to use because i have come to find that there are various kids and you need a certain amount of various supplement for it to "work". what it does its supress your appetite and i did for me for a day or so. so overall i didn't work for me because if you really want to you can eat "through" the suppression. But don't worry some days my diet gets messed up too but thats life! :smile: