does exercise help release fast?

Options
We all know that exercise is wonderful for fitness and overall health. We also know that weight training helps build muscle which helps burn fat.

But my question is, does regular exercise actually help us release fat? For example, if I eat 1500calories and dont exercise, does my fat loss respond the same way it would if I ate 2000 calories and burned 500? Im not so sure...

Ive spent time dieting, and time dieting & exercising. And I have to say, Ive never felt that exercise has lead to fat loss for me. I also find dieting and exercise difficult to do similtaneously . The more I exert my body, the more food it wants- unless I stick to low impact like pilates

Replies

• OriginalKatie
    OriginalKatie Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Listen to your body - if it want more food on the days you work out, then eat more. Fuel your workouts and have post-work out nutrition too.
  • swaggityswagbag
    swaggityswagbag Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    No, it doesn't help. Strength training helps some, because by adding muscle, your body needs more calories to support that muscle, but cardio does not add muscle and therefore does not help weight loss. However, cardio is good for your heart, and makes you more "in shape" by improving your ability to endure workouts. Cardio also makes you crave food, so doing too much of it will make you eat more than you would for weight loss. If you want to exercise to help lose weight, do strength instead of cardio, and do a limited amount of cardio just to improve your cardiovascular system.
  • SEAFOODMAN
    SEAFOODMAN Posts: 342
    Options
    strength training helps add muscle and turn fat into mucscle...............cardio does help so I disagree with some comments...........it burns calories and helps you stay in a deficit.............also it doesn't matter what kind of exercise you do, you will always crave food lol key is drink alot of water.
  • caesar164
    caesar164 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Exercise is a great stress reducer! Its the only way I stay sane! If I were you, I would incorporate both weight lifting and cardio. You burn fat by being in a caloric defecit. Exercise helps you stay at a caloric defecit. Fat does not turn into muscle! Never!
  • 2messy4life
    Options
    I agree with Caesar. You can lose weight with a calorie deficit, but exercising will improve your life and your mood so much, not to mention it will shape your body in a way dieting alone would never do it. Try to find some form of exercise you like and go from there.
  • MiniMarc
    MiniMarc Posts: 19
    Options
    Fat is a funny thing.

if you dont eat enough your body will store it
    If you eat too much your body will store it

I think the key is getting your metabolism going. Have a good breakfast with low G.I complex carbohydrate which will keep ypu going for longer. some fats at breakfast are ok like avocado or even some meat.a cup of hot water with a large slice of lemon a while before you eat anything else apparently is good?? Eating smaller but more often meals can help but only if you are exercising a fair bit I'd say. As in you do an activity then you eat. Avoid sugar where possible and especially in the evening. Whilst you sleep you want your body to be burning fat not readilly available sugar if you've had chocolate etc. Same goes for carbs i rkn. Try little or none after 5pm. You will wake up hungry but with no bloat compared to if you had pasta. After 2 weeks your body should be in (sensible) fat burning mode.

I think this can help only if you are going to the gym / that level of exercise. In my opinion. I'm not a professional but its more or less what a professional told me
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

if you dont eat enough your body will store it

Noooooo it won't.
  • fredgiblet
    fredgiblet Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Without exercise your body will consume muscle as well as fat. If you do good strength training your body will retain the muscle and urn more fat instead. Cardio will likely have an effect, but not as much as proper strength training.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    strength training helps add muscle and turn fat into mucscle...............cardio does help so I disagree with some comments...........it burns calories and helps you stay in a deficit.............also it doesn't matter what kind of exercise you do, you will always crave food lol key is drink alot of water.

What? No...
  • pinkyslippers
    pinkyslippers Posts: 188 Member
    Options

Fat and muscle are different things, so it isn't possible to 'convert' one into the other by exercising (or doing anything), unfortunately.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options

What? No...

Uh, what? This is fitness and fat loss here, not alchemy. Fat cells do not magically turn into muscle cells, ever.