anyone else from the UK?

Options

Replies

• chandy85
    Options
    Hi everyone

I'm from Birmingham and joined this site earlier this week when I found the app on my iphone, it's been amazing!! I thought I'd see if I actually used it before I started posting and I've logged three days worth- seems a tiny amount but we all have to start somewhere!

I'm 6ft 1 so managed to get away with my increasing weight for a small while now but it's far too much now- I was in denial for so long until I weighed myself and saw photos of myself at my works xmas party.

I did the Cambridge diet a few years ago and lost 5 stone and kept it off for a year and a half until I moved to London and then life/love and beer happened so I'm back to square one with added extras!!!
    Right now I'm just doing old fashioned calorie counting and exercise and I want slow and steady weightloss rather than a quick fix- my main motivation is to get fit and healthy and to lead a better lifestyle.

Nice to see there are UK members too- hopefully I'll get to know you all better soon!!
  • CarthagoDelendaEst
    Options
    Hi there,

I'm from the UK (originally London, but at uni in Scotland) and i joined MFP a few days ago.

I'm 5 foot 4 (.9!) and 166lbs. Have tried to lose weight many times before, most attempts fail within the first week. This time, I'm not going to be too strict on myself. Usually, I'd feel like I broke my diet whenever I ate something I liked, and then I'd say, 'Sod it...' then feel really bad about it.

So if I do eat something that is not overly healthy, I'll try to go for a walk to burn of at least some of the calories, instead of packing it all in :) Moderation is the key!

My overall goal weight is probably 119lbs, but I want to eat healthily for the rest of my life :)

Good luck to all of you, feel free to add me, I could do with the motivation :)
  • vjles
    vjles Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Any room for blokies here? :-)

Fell into this by accident. I am very ill with the worst flu bug ever for the last 12 days. The first few days I lost about 8 lbs then I found the Android App and it all took off from there.

I've been a runner for over 20 years, but, had a serious back injury 10 years ago and took a couple of years to get back running. Unfortunately, my weight crept up to 4 stones heavier than my race weight. My running these days is more 'jogging', I feel the need to get back running.

Haven't ran since November due to the weather and now this flu virus. Itching to get out again. Got a new satelite tracker for my phone (Endomondo) which calculates calories burned as well as other data including a website to record your progress. Intend using these two apps together to get the results I'm after.

Cheers
    Les
  • Enchantica
    Options
    Hi everyone - another Brit here! I'm in sunny Lincoln but was born and bred in Stockport. I'm rapidly heading towards my 50th birthday. I'm a healthy weight according to my BMI etc. but I'm starting to creep to the top end of that and I don't want to go over it and have decided that rather than do what my mum did (ignore it until she was several stone over-weight and facing an uphill battle) I'm going to do something about it now! I'm going on an 8 night cruise in February so I really would like to get into some of my nice dresses and feel good about myself in them!

Anyone else around who has to put up with people saying "you don't need to loose weight?" and who has a relatively small amount to loose?

Please feel free to add me to your friends list :)

Netty
  • charliex2202
    charliex2202 Posts: 4,281 Member
    Options
    im in the uk also, pls add me so nice to see so many of us on here,
  • lauralonglocks
    Options
    Yes, I totally get that Enchantica..! I would say I have a lot to lose though, considering my BMI is 28..! But it doesn't stop people trying to discourage me!

Also, I'm from England! S****horpe to be exact, not the biggest place in the world ha
  • Danzicle
    Options
    I weighed myself today, day 8 of my diet. I estimated my start weight at 160, so I've lost almost 5 lbs this week. Only another 25 to go!

3463260.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    I'm from the UK too, Sheffield :)

I am 28 and also a mum of two, a girl aged 8 and a boy age 1. Thought I better lose some after the second, as I never lost after the first. I was almost 14stone, i'm half way (ish) now with the help of MFP. 34lb down and just about to go into the 10shone somethings (happy days). Feel free to add me all, I am an addict and always on here. MFP is the new food :)
  • loseitlaney
    Options
    I'm from Newcastle upon Tyne BUT I now live in North Carolina USA. I used to work in Warley High School and then another school in Sedgley so I am familiar with all that area. So I am from there but no longer live there =(
  • sarah_bid
    sarah_bid Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm in Liverpool
    It would be great to find friends from the UK so we will all know the names of the foodand the uk measurements instead of using eg: 0.5 cups
    I don't understand most of the American recipes ha ha :happy:
  • saramathers22
    Options
    Hi!

Welcome, I have also just joined!

Am up in Aberdeen

xx
  • sarahlasvegas
    sarahlasvegas Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hello - im from Sheffield too - but born and breed in Scotland.

I had a 5 pound loss in week 1, week 2 im finding harder - but im tracking every single day - even when i go a few hundred cals over.

Only drunk 2 tiny (187ml) glasses of rose wine this whole week - which is an amazing reduction for me!

I need to start excercising, but just dont have the confidence for the gym just yet - think i will once i get to my 1st stone off :)
  • chandy85
    Options
    Hi Sarah

This is my first week- I had a terrible night on Friday (all those wasted calories on lager arghh!!) but I reckon it's probably better to be totally honest in the tracker even if we go over!

I'm lucky enough to have an exercise bike in the house that I can use so I'm planning to use that while I lose the first chunk (only 95lbs to go =/ )
    What exercises are you planning to do? Wondering if it's worth getting an exercise dvd or to just stick with the cycling?

Good luck!!
  • Jalfie
    Jalfie Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hello..do I still count/ I'm from Wakefield, West Yorkshire, my children and Grandchildren now live in Maidenhead Berkshire..
    But I am currently living in California for the past 6 years and probably wont be home for good( UK) until 2014.
    This website works for me because the Database covers both UK and US.
  • AnnieeR
    AnnieeR Posts: 229
    Options
    Hi all. I'm in Thame, Oxfordshire but I'm actually American so I'll help you work out those recipe measurements. ;-)

I'm back here after a brief hiatus (I just needed a break from thinking about calories) - I managed to almost maintain my loss to date but now I'm really ready to start losing again.

Anyone please feel free to add me if you're looking for friends!
  • PaulaAvery
    PaulaAvery Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    hi there, only been doing this a week, and need some friends on here!

ok to add you?

Paula
  • jenblwr
    jenblwr Posts: 53
    Options
    Hi everyone...it's good to see that there are a few of us from the UK here! I'm in Essex.
  • marymoonpigUK
    Options
    Hi im a Derby girl!, day 2 for me, hoping for a good 1st week
  • BettyBeth14
    BettyBeth14 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Im from wales, so feel free to add me also! Diaryt is open, though its usually only filled money to friday as I lack a serious amout of willpower on weekends!! Weekdays im pretty good though x
  • gemzy24
    gemzy24 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hi im from Birmingham too been usng here since Oct feel free to add me ;-)