Fats

Options
I need help getting my fats lower for my macros or maybe just eating good fats. Please look at my good dairy and help me out. Also not sure how to determine good fats from bad fats :/. Thank you.

Replies

• swaggityswagbag
    swaggityswagbag Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Your stats look fine, why would you lower your fats? If anything, lower your protein a little bit and up the fat some.

BTW, when people say "good fats" and "bad fats" what they really mean is "unsaturated" and "saturated" fats. It's bs. Don't worry about it.
  • pastybuns
    pastybuns Posts: 81
    Options
    Good fats and bad fats can be a whole separate nutritional debate on its own. I'm really really oversimplifying it here, but if it helps, one might think of them as natural sources of fat vs unnatural.

Raw nuts, raw seeds, fatty fruits (avocados, coconuts, durians), fatty fish, etc.
    vs
    Vegetable spreads, fried foods, packaged junk food, etc.

It's an easily Google'd subject that turns up more in-depth info. But there's nothing wrong with keeping the topic simple. Hope that helps some :]
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Echoing the poster above.
    Also, there's no need to be afraid of fat. Fat won't make you fat, and it's fine to have it in your diet. Aiming for 50g isn't bad per day.
  • fushigi1988
    fushigi1988 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Keeping fat at 20% of your total calories or so is perfectly fine, but higher or lower depending on day.
    If you want to lower it, add more protein and veggies. Usually cant go wromg with that.
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    You should be more focused on eating enough... as posters above have mentioned, fat is not evil. You need dietary fat for a lot of things. However, I looked through your diary for the past week and you are often eating 1000cal or less, and sometimes exercising on top of that. This is too little, you should not NET under 1200 (meaning if you burn 300 cal exercising, you should eat 1500 - though if the burn of 300cal is calculated by MFP, eat more like 1350).
  • fushigi1988
    fushigi1988 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    You are eating very little, and taking a lot of supplements, why?
  • Shenanagins85
    Shenanagins85 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your input. I'm on a special plan under medical advisement. Very high protein, low fat and even lower carb. I haven't had a sold change in pounds the last few weeks. When I went in for evulation,it was suggested to meto cut back on fats because that is where I go over the most. Also I was told not to worry so much on Calories as long as I was getting 100-130g of Protein daily. I'm also not suppose to have dairy product but in occasion I do and of course my morning coffee/shake but only 2tbsp.
  • stacw1987
    stacw1987 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I generally stick to cold pressed fats and also try and eat nuts, fish etc! :)