Hi I'm Caroline

Options
Hello everyone

I am 51 years old and facing sixty pounds that I don't need to be carrying round with me, well fifty I suppose. I'm not sixteen anymore ;)

I got super fit around the time I turned forty - was in the best shape of my life. Unfortunately, my then teenage daughter developed an eating disorder and I totally felt responsible for it. It's only recently (some ten years later) that I understand her eating disorder was more to do with the mental illness that she struggles with (borderline). She has been in treatment and is really working towards recovery at last. Now I feel as if it is time for me this stop guilt eating and take charge of my health again.

I am hypothyroid and chronically anemic which does not leave me with a whole lot of energy. However, I know my diet was dragging me down too lots of comfort carbs and in the two weeks since I began slowly making changes to the way I eat, I already am feeling better, more energy.

I have heard that keeping a food diary is the best way to lose weight it certainly keeps me more accountable! I am enjoying MFP and all the tools and look forward to getting to know you guys better!

Caroline

Replies